2 Days to clean truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Surfer Ross View Post
    ............................. says the man who sits up until 3am posting videos from YouTube

Each to their own big boy!!!!
    Yep. I was up at 3 am, with some mates, playing music and getting p1ssed. What's wrong with that?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
      If you leave it long enough, the truck will become self cleaning. I've had mine for 14 months and have never cleaned it.
      Reminds me Andy I still got some O' the Cloggie peat boggie underseal on mine from nearly 3 years ago

Jess
      "Cos short cuts can cost more in the long run"
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
        Yep. I was up at 3 am, with some mates, playing music and getting p1ssed. What's wrong with that?
        Absolutely nothing at all, Andy. As I said, each to their own. You like doing that, others like putting time and effort into having a super-clean truck. Vive le difference.

To say "But I have a life, so if I do decide to clean it, I'll will get someone else to do it for me." in response to somebody who enjoys a bit of amateur detailing is a bit ignorant mate.

Personally, I couldn't care less what anybody chooses to do with their free time. Some people like shooting wee furry creatures, others like dressing up in their wife's Sunday best and talking dirty to themselves in the mirror whilst crunching through a bowl of fresh lightbulbs (I've only done this once ). We all have the free will to do what we wish with our time, in my opinion, it is not for any of us to suggest that somebody else's use of that time is in some way less enjoyable or productive than our own. If they enjoy what they are doing, fine. Everybody's a winner.
        En Ferus Hostis. Be your own man. Follow nobody.

Comment

On a serious note..

If your truck is 15 years old, lived in Japan and maybe gone through a few winters here, why is it bad to use fairy?

From new, yes I understand, but with an old truck it would be like marrying a prostitute and going easy on your wedding night.
          Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

We don't have any soap covered Kosovans up our way.

Call me a fanatic but I'd never dream of putting a sponge or chamois near my truck. You might as well wash it with a Brillo pad.

Hose down to start.
            Wash using a lambswool wash mitt and 2 buckets with grit guards in the bottom (1 soapy, 1 clean water)
            Rinse with hose.
            Dry with Waffle weave drying towel.

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acata...nd-drying.html

Now, how long before I get royally flamed by the mud brigade?
            I don't use sponges any more because of what I read about those. I use some kind of fluffy thing thats purpose designed for car washing so it isnt as abrassive. I dry with a micro fibre. That works pretty well. I need to invest in a decent bucket though. The one I have is not big enough and needs two or three to wash the Surf, and doesnt have any grit guards. Its also got a crack near the top and one day the handle will give up in our hallway.

Originally posted by si tate View Post
            Tony, tony, tony, no, no, no, all that sounds expensive & time consuming.
            I take mine to the local kosovan car wash, doing a special this week "£3 any car" wash, wax & chamos.

they do a top job aswell.
            They wont do 4x4's for less than £12 round here. And they do a crap job for that money.

Originally posted by Ben_D View Post
            Not convinced about the RainX stuff, seems to make the screen smeary when you do have to use the wipers and if the rain if the sort of stuff I've just come home in (low cloud / drizzle) it doesn't seem to work so well.

Spent a whole day cleaning / polishing the truck before the snow arrived in anticipation of the salt. Used Autoglym Super Resin polish, My paint seems to quite like it, not got that much crap stuck to it.

Cheers

Ben
            I noticed this the first time I used it - smears.. But with clean wipers it has been very good. We have had fog / drizle the past two days. Never needed wipers on the M25 and first thing this morning the wipers just pushed all the water off the screen as smooth as anything.
            Last edited by dieselboy; 29 December 2010, 15:06.
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Absolutely nothing at all, Andy. As I said, each to their own. You like doing that, others like putting time and effort into having a super-clean truck. Vive le difference.

To say "But I have a life, so if I do decide to clean it, I'll will get someone else to do it for me." in response to somebody who enjoys a bit of amateur detailing is a bit ignorant mate.

Personally, I couldn't care less what anybody chooses to do with their free time. Some people like shooting wee furry creatures, others like dressing up in their wife's Sunday best and talking dirty to themselves in the mirror whilst crunching through a bowl of fresh lightbulbs (I've only done this once ). We all have the free will to do what we wish with our time, in my opinion, it is not for any of us to suggest that somebody else's use of that time is in some way less enjoyable or productive than our own. If they enjoy what they are doing, fine. Everybody's a winner.
              Spot on Ross.

The problem only comes around when the post, "bla bla what do you think"? gets a negative response. Then all hell breaks loose, from those who only want a response that mirrors their ideal.
              Brian

Comment

I must have got a few comments like.. "look at this idiot speding all this time cleaning that thing..." Although I did have one woman offer to make me dinner if I did hers, once.
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Wise man say "You cannot polish a turd"

Comment

Cheers for that Sanch.

Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Those chenille sponges are very good..soooo soft and come in lovely flourescent colours

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                        Spot on Ross.

The problem only comes around when the post, "bla bla what do you think"? gets a negative response. Then all hell breaks loose, from those who only want a response that mirrors their ideal.
                        Thanks Brian.

Yes, there is that one. I suppose you should only ask for comments if you want honest opinions and are not prone to taking offence when somebody expresses a differing opinion. Opinions are great, prejudices ain't.

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                          On a serious note..

If your truck is 15 years old, lived in Japan and maybe gone through a few winters here, why is it bad to use fairy?

From new, yes I understand, but with an old truck it would be like marrying a prostitute and going easy on your wedding night.
                          I suppose it depends on your point of view. I look at it as protecting my investment, and being a frugal Scotsman, that's very important to me. You want to keep it in the best condition you can, right?

From this article: http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27

Originally posted by CLEANYOURCAR.CO.UK
                          A shampoo should contain no harsh detergents if you are washing a car that you have spent many hours polishing, sealing and waxing. Harsh detergents strip wax straight off the paintwork leaving your paint surface dried out and unprotected. Fairy Liquid is therefore a big no no for washing cars. You feel what happens to the skin on your hand if in prolonged contact with harsh detergents, it dries the skin out - it will do similar damage to paint.

I just like to keep it clean and protected, I'm all for getting it dirty but I'll clean it afterwards.

Comment

So what should my mrs use for cleaning my trucks then, if fairy is a no-no?
                            Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                              So what should my mrs use for cleaning my trucks then, if fairy is a no-no?
                              Hehe, get her to work with some plain old hot water.

Comment

How come I'm ignorant saying what I did, but you're not ignorant saying this:

............................. says the man who sits up until 3am posting videos from YouTube

Each to their own big boy!!!!
                                The words are different, but the sentiment is identical.
                                Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Working...
                                X