yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some creative shill bidding going on here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some creative shill bidding going on here?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Guys,

As some of you may know, I was interested in this truck before I bought my 3rd Gen. It ended up going for £2150 which is mega money for 2.4 but miraculously had an injector pump failure the day the new owner was supposed to collect it.

It came back up in my ebay watch list as it had been re-listed but if you look through the bidders, a lot of them seem to have an interest in bidding on Coarse Fishing items etc. Do you think its possible that it is a circle of the seller's mates bidding to push the price up?

More worrying still, if you look through the seller's feedback, he recently bought 2 cans of K-Seal and goes to extreme lengths to stress that the truck had a new head a few years back and the new owner will never have to worry about the head going.

Thank christ I never bought this, looks like a money-pit on wheels from a seller who is possibly less than completely honest.

Any thoughts?
    En Ferus Hostis. Be your own man. Follow nobody.

Originally posted by Surfer Ross View Post
    More worrying still, if you look through the seller's feedback, he recently bought 2 cans of K-Seal and goes to extreme lengths to stress that the truck had a new head a few years back and the new owner will never have to worry about the head going.

Any thoughts?
    lol thats great detective work. The next question to him should be.... "what where bottles of K-seal for? ..."

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
      lol thats great detective work. The next question to him should be.... "what where bottles of K-seal for? ..."

Question posed................... lets see what he says. Maybe it'll be for sealing up his mates fishing rods

Comment

It owe's him £3.500!!
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
          It owe's him £3.500!!
          Must be the Gold-plated unbreakable head he had fitted.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfer Ross View Post
            Must be the Gold-plated unbreakable head he had fitted.
            mine probably owe's me the same but i'd be lucky to get the 500 back, this idots dreaming
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

On greedbay only be prepared to pay what you think the vehicle is worth and stick to it. If its an auction I always leave bidding to the last 20 secs, therefore only have time to bid once. If there is a hint of shill bidding...walk away

Shirl

Comment

32 bids and up to £1550 on a non-running 2.4.

I DONT THINK SO...
                私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

I'm almost certain there are some "acquaintences" of the seller in that bidders list. It'll be re-listed, no doubt "due to timewaster" in a week or so.

Comment

It could be a buyer Shill bidding too remember.
                    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                      It could be a buyer Shill bidding too remember.
                      Do you mean somebody who has no intention of buying?

Comment

No. Someone who does intend to buy it, but very cheaply. They'll shill bid up to a ludicrous ammount of money, enough to stop folk bothering to watch the auction. Then, at the last minute, they withdraw the 2nd highest bid(s), the price then collapses and the original bidder gets the item at a knock down price.
                        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

No. Someone who does intend to buy it, but very cheaply. They'll shill bid up to a ludicrous ammount of money, enough to stop folk bothering to watch the auction. Then, at the last minute, they withdraw the 2nd highest bid(s), the price then collapses and the original bidder gets the item at a knock down price.
                          I'd never thought of that. V. Clever.

Up there for thinking.
                          Down there for Dancing.
                          Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

That would tie in with the 2 bidders I thought were suspicious. I think EBay have stopped allowing bid retractions in the last 12 hours of an auction though.

Comment

I've never retracted a bid.
                              I thought it was a complex procedure, that needed authorisation by the seller.
                              Please explain further
                              私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Working...
                              X