Heavy snow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tintin View Post
    At 2 40 this afternoon we had a blizzard, worst i've seen in the south east for a long time!
    Luckily it only lasted 10 minutes, but it still deposited over an inch of snow and was almost a complete whiteout for a while!

Alan
    And it froze up at tunbridge wells and nutley al...it was just a sheet of ice. I lost count after I counted 50 or so accidents.
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by angloabroad View Post
      ,went past about ten cars and one disco stuck on the hill,
      How many did you help?
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

I wonder if the soon to be redundant hard/soft electrics could be used to ignite flame throwers just in front of each wheel to melt the ice as I go along .
        Will soon find out what it's like out there as I'm off to work in an hour .
        Neal

Comment

took the misses work this morning down the bottom of the valley .perfect all the way,on the way back up,went past about ten cars and one disco stuck on the hill,felt great got looks at me like i was a right flash git in my 18 year old truck
          will put to some good use tomorrow and go shopping for an old couple in the street
          maybe take the niece to give birth(4days over)in the trusty surf
          i'm lovin it!
          haha,good stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
            How many did you help?
            none.all but a couple abandoned,beemer and audi me thinks (flash gits who normally think they own the road) well today ,for once,they didn't...
            so &**&^ em
            they shouldn't go out when theres about a foot of snow....but they know best.
            had i seen some old boy lifting his shopping out to carry up the hill i'd of done what i could!

Comment

I have towed and jumped started many in the past, on the hill I felt for the landrover driver but I had to keep going had i stopped i would have got stuck as well, anyhow he seemed to know what he was doing slowly reversing down the hill to park on a kerb.

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Malbvrern 9:15 pm - nno smow, lots og beer

Feckin pussies!
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                  Malbvrern 9:15 pm - nno smow, lots og beer

Feckin pussies!

I feel that I should point out that carrying out lascivious acts with animals is against the law and carries a significant penalty !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

With absolute Chaos happening all around today in (Hemel Hempstead) due to our 40 minute Snow Blizzard my Trusty Truck n her new GG AT2's performed absolutely Brilliant

Removed a L*******r from a steep hill n Disposed of a Audi in the way on the same hill only to have to shift a Toyota Yaris still on the way down n then had to Tow a Toyota people carrier 3/4 of a mile up a hill that was straddling n blocking both lanes n that was just on me way home ....

All made comments like "wanna swap vehicles", obviously I declined n even turned down a offer to purchase my ole Gal ..
                    However I did comment to the yota drivers that they have the wrong model !!
                    Sorry no Pics, I didn't have time !!
                    Happy Days n only took me 2 hours to get home some 3 miles away

Surf 10/10
                    GG AT2's 10/10

Jess
                    "Cos short cuts can cost more in the long run"
                    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                      Malvern 9:15 pm - no smow, lots of kissing men for beer
                      I lke men now, sick to the sight of
                      Feckin pussies!

YEAHHHHHHH!!!!!

Apacheisms,whilst langers on the bevvy.
                      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

none.all but a couple abandoned,beemer and audi me thinks (flash gits who normally think they own the road) well today ,for once,they didn't...
                        so &**&^ em
                        they shouldn't go out when theres about a foot of snow....but they know best.
                        had i seen some old boy lifting his shopping out to carry up the hill i'd of done what i could!
                        I suppose it's each to his own, but I wouldn't have driven past anyone I could help out.

Maybe make them think twice about having a go at 4x4 drivers later? Just driving by them looking smug will only fuel their angst.
                        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

I suppose it's each to his own, but I wouldn't have driven past anyone I could help out.

Maybe make them think twice about having a go at 4x4 drivers later? Just driving by them looking smug will only fuel their angst.
                          payed £1150 for the surf,i'm nearly 40 yrs old and its the most i've ever paid for a car,so yeah, i had my moment of "smugness" and loved it,but as i said earlier,i'm on mercy missions tomorrow,no point having a 4x4 sat on the drive if it can be doing some good
                          plus i get to play in the snow

Comment

Snowin m62/Rochdale area. 2" at mo.

Comment

I agree, very valid point.

On the way home tonight I helped three cars out, towed two then one just by telling him to put it into 2nd and ride the clutch gentley to help him get away from the kerb.

And for some strange reason a guy on a mobility scooter, who's tyre had come off? he didn't know how he managed either, got his scooter in the back of the truck damm they are heavy, and him home, his reason for being out on it "I used to like to take a walk in the snow" bless him.

peace
                              cal
                              Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Vultch View Post
                                This is the heaviest I'v seen in 10 odd years, Surf could not make it up 20m very steep drive but got up 30% about (1km) hill in area i live in,
                                Unlike the landrover defender behind me who lost traction and kerbed it at the steepest point.
                                Its a no no for cars
                                can u tell me how i atatch thumbnails, thanks
                                nigel
                                Surf K Reg LN130 2.4 AUTO

Comment

Working...
                                X