lift opinions/advice/help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you driven it yet?

33" tyres with only 2" of lift, must rub really bad.
    Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
      Have you driven it yet?

33" tyres with only 2" of lift, must rub really bad.
      just been to Leeds and back for the girlfs' birthday, doesnt rub one bit! He wound up the torsions for me, and he had to mod the insides of wheel arch a bit, but nothing major, Look amzing, drive perfect and i'm extremely happy with them!!
      www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
        http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/280525006467

Those look the same and they're from the same fella...
        yeah thats him, JCS.
        www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

I'd be tempted to take the running boards just cos it looks so good!! I'd probably get told off by both women in the family... Even though one is only 6 years old lol

Comment

Originally posted by VidaMusic View Post
            just been to Leeds and back for the girlfs' birthday, doesnt rub one bit! He wound up the torsions for me, and he had to mod the insides of wheel arch a bit, but nothing major, Look amzing, drive perfect and i'm extremely happy with them!!
            Must be wound up a lot mate. Ball joint spacers will get the ride quality back a bit and keep the height.
            I still think it will be unusable in the rough stuff without more lift.
            Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
              Must be wound up a lot mate. Ball joint spacers will get the ride quality back a bit and keep the height.
              I still think it will be unusable in the rough stuff without more lift.
              Na, it's fine mate, on full lock both ways..

Would prob get ball joint spacers next, but having said that, i wouldnt say i've really noticed a difference in ride quality? maybe a little harder but nothing uncomfortable?
              I've just put some spacers in the coils too, i took pics, but will post up tomo as can't find the usb lead!

Not the proper coil spacers, but a VERY cheap alternative. one of the fella's who did my wheels suggested em as he has em on his Disco. From the Caravan shop (any) They are rubber spacers, that just slip into the grooves (a lot harder than that but still easier than any mod i've done). I bought the biggest ones they had, 60mm, jacked up the car, removed the bottom nut from the shocks, and undid the nut for brake line so as not to fracture or put any pressure on it. Dropped the spacers into boiling water for 5min, plastered the coils with washing up liquid and forced em in. Then cable tie em into place, and drop the jack! Done!

All for £20!!
              www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

They sound like 'spring assistors' rather than spacers ...

Is this them ?

Dunno how much they'd help a Surf but they stiffened up the rear of my Volvo when I first started caravanning

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Yeah Bob, spring Assistors. Just measured again after driving about 50mile on em, and they have settled to produce 1" to 1.5" lift.. Seem ok, for a cheap mod!
                  www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                  X