• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shirley53 View Post
    how about the old fashioned way..

Q Is your homework done???

A yes

Q show me...
    Not so easy... Their homework is all in Serbian (apart from English and German) All written in Cyrillic, I don't have enough Anadins to get me through it.
    Plus they go to school on different shifts, and I never know who's on what shift.
    Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
      I would have some serious words with that school teacher.
      That 'Teacher' also showed my youngest and all her class, how to lie on the age thing so they could open an account at 10 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by shirley53 View Post
        how about the old fashioned way..

Q Is your homework done???

A yes

Q show me...

Easy solution...no homework completed ...Take powerlead ( battery as well from laptop) from PC/Laptop....

Shirl
        Not so easy. A lot of her classes homework is expected to be done electronically (they're encouraged to use online translators to help with language homework, google maps for geography etc etc - not like when I was a lad!!) - and the little bu99ers would much rather waste their time comparing what one and other had for tea on Farcebook than do their homework.

I did threaten to throw the laptop out of the window the other night (its my old one, therefore I can do what I like with it) - that focussed her attention a little.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
          That 'Teacher' also showed my youngest and all her class, how to lie on the age thing so they could open an account at 10 years old.
          Sounds like the teacher needs a slap.
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
            Not so easy. A lot of her classes homework is expected to be done electronically (they're encouraged to use online translators to help with language homework, google maps for geography etc etc - not like when I was a lad!!) - and the little bu99ers would much rather waste their time comparing what one and other had for tea on Farcebook than do their homework.

I did threaten to throw the laptop out of the window the other night (its my old one, therefore I can do what I like with it) - that focussed her attention a little.
            Aye I suppose its a sign of the times...Us oldies didn't even have a calculator, never mind PC, although I seem to remember a Nippon mechanical calculator which gathered dust in the classroom...
            Attached Files

Comment

Slide ruler?

Comment

nippo calculator..lol similar to what we had at school

Comment

OK bringing it back to the original thread.

you can down load something called K9 (its free) and you can basically set it up to do whats you want.

it allows you to block specific web sites it allows the machine to stop all internet access at a specific time etc.

I use it on my 10 year old laptop and although its frustrating for him sometimes its a great free option.
                  Always room for more power!!!!

Comment

This one?
                    And it does what it says?

Comment

Aye that's the one mate.
                      It's fairly simple to use but if you need any help let me know and I will pm you my number.
                      Last edited by madmanc; 7 December 2010, 19:20.

Comment

Okies there are answers to this one, but first some questions;

1) How are you connecting to the internet, IE:- broadband router etc etc.

2) If it with a router then you can set bans on certain IP addresses and domains for facebook would be facebook.com/.co.uk/.net.

3) A lot of routers have time on and off access settings that is, you can set a certain amount of time that a particular user can access _any_ internet, this is an advanced feature on most broadband routers, ours used to be set so no access to the kids computers after 21:00 till 09:00

4) Is your wiFi the only one avalible? sometimes next door can have an unprotected wifi and the kids will soon figure it out and use it.

peace
                        cal
                        Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Only thing about that one mate is that you are banned from the sites as well as the kids..

And as you have also stated if you go wireless you can usually find an unprotected connection somewhere, well unless you live in the sticks that is.

I Find K9 a great little freebe that does exactly what i needed.

Oh BTW I am Security in a Bank so know about these things and how to stop users from getting to sites you dont want them to....

Comment

this is a quote from the devil M at the dark side

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hosts_file

127.0.0.1 is a good replacement value. It points every request for the unwanted address to %.
                            am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by madmanc View Post
                              Oh BTW I am Security in a Bank so know about these things and how to stop users from getting to sites you dont want them to....
                              Sounds like we do pretty much the same thing mate?!
                              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                                Sounds like we do pretty much the same thing mate?!
                                Do you have a limp?
                                Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Working...
                                X