why would this happen,how do i sort it

Comment

Small tap under the fuel filter to drain water off
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

moisture in the fuel by the sound of it

The natural properties of diesel fuel make moisture related problems more critical in diesel equipment. Diesel fuel is heavier than gasoline, therefore the volatility (ability to vaporize) of diesel fuel is much lower than gasoline This lower volatility allows air and moisture to infiltrate the diesel fuel in both vehicle and bulk storage tanks much faster than gasoline. Water condensation in diesel fuel storage tanks is a routine problem that must be solved by all users of diesel fuels. The longer the fuel is stored, the larger the problems become. and breathe....... I found a good way of getting rid of moisture in the tank is to let my dear wife put 40 litres of petrol in the tank yes the primary fuel should be diesel.
        Oh what fun I had draining the petrol out of the tank in the sub zero FUN FUN FUN .

like has been mentioned before its a diesel yes they run a bit ruff in the cold but unless it is really causing you concern just live with it, you could of course change filling station you use this wont cost you any extra will not require any service items. just a suggestion
        Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

youve got a cold fuel tank of diesel and a hot return from the injector rail, there will always be some condensation

Comment

mines like this too, after the fuel filter change and then i took it for a real good run on the motorway and pushed the old girl a little (outside lane speeds for as much as i could) she's been a lot better - still lumpy

my other car is a modern diesel and thats lumpy and noisy for a minute or 2 as well

as said above - diesels can eb liek this - from reading lots of other similar posts and searching about I have found that when starting from cold, to not climb in the truck, turn the key ignore the 'glow plug' light but listen for the clunk of the relay shutting off (its easier to hear from outside) then turn the key - has fired up first tiem every time since doing this - then i push the little advance button for a minute and she warms up lovely - then set off..

since I've been doing that the start up proceedure every morning has been much better...

might help??

Comment

Mine's a bit lumpy when cold too, think it's just a diesel thing as has been the case with every diesel I have owned.

Cheers

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
                The natural properties of diesel fuel make moisture related problems more critical in diesel equipment. Diesel fuel is heavier than gasoline, therefore the volatility (ability to vaporize) of diesel fuel is much lower than gasoline This lower volatility allows air and moisture to infiltrate the diesel fuel in both vehicle and bulk storage tanks much faster than gasoline. Water condensation in diesel fuel storage tanks is a routine problem that must be solved by all users of diesel fuels. The longer the fuel is stored, the larger the problems become. and breathe....... I found a good way of getting rid of moisture in the tank is to let my dear wife put 40 litres of petrol in the tank yes the primary fuel should be diesel.
                Oh what fun I had draining the petrol out of the tank in the sub zero FUN FUN FUN .

like has been mentioned before its a diesel yes they run a bit ruff in the cold but unless it is really causing you concern just live with it, you could of course change filling station you use this wont cost you any extra will not require any service items. just a suggestion
                wow,you are a little bundle of information arnt you,haha.i can live with it as it always starts no problem,just thought it could have been the start of a bigger problem,if not no problem,thankyou

Comment

Originally posted by lawsy View Post
                  mines like this too, after the fuel filter change and then i took it for a real good run on the motorway and pushed the old girl a little (outside lane speeds for as much as i could) she's been a lot better - still lumpy

my other car is a modern diesel and thats lumpy and noisy for a minute or 2 as well

as said above - diesels can eb liek this - from reading lots of other similar posts and searching about I have found that when starting from cold, to not climb in the truck, turn the key ignore the 'glow plug' light but listen for the clunk of the relay shutting off (its easier to hear from outside) then turn the key - has fired up first tiem every time since doing this - then i push the little advance button for a minute and she warms up lovely - then set off..

since I've been doing that the start up proceedure every morning has been much better...

might help??
                  yeah i do a similar routine,but just wait a couple of seconds after the lights gone out,thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X