Microsoft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beesty
    get used to xp lads its gates dream i wouldnt expect to see another o/s from him after sp2 is released as for ie if your havbing trouble displaying pages have a look for a third party java plugin microsoft dont support it anymore
    Guess what Beasty? Theres another M.S. O.S. on the way, its in beta test right now and its called 'Longhorn' and its supposed to be the dogs! (werent they all?)
    ...Woodie http://woodie.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/D...%20Surfsml.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by marky
      i put my firewall up after registering windows now the registry is full of spybot stuff antivirus picked it up buy cant fix or quarantine it.
      another format & install

A good program is Stinger from Norton
      Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Woodie
        Guess what Beasty? Theres another M.S. O.S. on the way, its in beta test right now and its called 'Longhorn' and its supposed to be the dogs! (werent they all?)

There is supposed to be an interim release befor longhorn...another OS that Fatware (Jack of all trades and master of none...Who needs games controllers on a bl**dy server for gods sake
        Gaz

Comment

GAZ i loaded this http://www.download.com/3000-2144-10...age&tag=button
          courtesy of jimbob_steele
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

GAZ i loaded this http://www.download.com/3000-2144-10...age&tag=button
            courtesy of jimbob_steele

yeah, downloaded Lavasofts 30 day trial version that quarantines spybots and pop-ups etc...still got to get round to install Norton Internet Security software when I purchased XP.

Antivirus Professional
            Personal Firewall
            Privacy Control
            AntiSpam
            etc.
            Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo
              There is supposed to be an interim release befor longhorn...another OS that Fatware (Jack of all trades and master of none...Who needs games controllers on a bl**dy server for gods sake
              GAZ this pc ROCKS
              http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/to...=uk&l=en&s=gen
              (\__/)
              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
              (")_(")

Comment

Linux still knocks the pants off Windows everytime. Pity it's not quite as easy for installing programmes on - you need to be a bit more PC literate than on Windows.

The one thing that MS have got right is the easy of use of Windows. Problem is that putting all that front end around the OS to make it easy, means that programmes do tend to turn into bloatware.

Cheers

Comment

i put my firewall up after registering windows now the registry is full of spybot stuff antivirus picked it up buy cant fix or quarantine it.
                  another format & install

Had problems with support for a HP DeskJet 5552 Inkjet Printer. HP couldn't resolve it.....have to remember about not downloading the Spooler Updates. Re-installed XP twice.....now run HP Deskjet with an older HP DeskJet 720 Driver....still wont work with the original [all apps shove out a blank page on original driver after download]

Anti-virus and syware stuff I now use:

Sybot S & D
                  Adaware
                  Windows Defender
                  Norton Internet Security
                  eido anti-malware [good initial free vesion]
                  Spyware Blaster [another good one]

God help us all..seen the basic specs for the Vista OS!!! coming out soon. Its alright having all the graphics but at what cost to the rest.

New PC Required
                  New apps

I might just be persuaded to start running an old version of Linux as another Boot Up.

To be honest Mark....Apart from the TS Server [ASUS] I mainly purchase Compaq Servers due to their better management system and easier/better installation procedures.

Also found the Python Tapedrive a piece of c_r_a_p on evry DELL System to date. Sick and tired of receiving Tape errors or the drive Unit not release tapes. Now running AIT-2 on Compaq Proliant ML Server.
                  About 10 desktops have also been changed over to Compaq from DELL.
                  Last edited by Gizmo; 5 June 2006, 22:35.
                  Gaz

Comment

Had problems with support for a HP DeskJet 5552 Inkjet Printer. HP couldn't resolve it.....have to remember about not downloading the Spooler Updates. Re-installed XP twice.....now run HP Deskjet with an older HP DeskJet 720 Driver....still wont work with the original [all apps shove out a blank page on original driver after download]
                    Nowt like dredging up an old thread. XP has had an inate ability
                    since first released for screwing up printing with just about every
                    make of printer. Get the drivers sorted initially, and the updates can
                    still screw them up again.

Anti-virus and syware stuff I now use:

Sybot S & D
                    Adaware
                    Windows Defender
                    Norton Internet Security
                    eido anti-malware [good initial free vesion]
                    Spyware Blaster [another good one]
                    You're a brave man to run Norton. That's the first thing I remove if
                    I ever condescend to looking at a M$ machine.

(Is it just me, or does using these smilies become a bit compulsive )

God help us all..seen the basic specs for the Vista OS!!! coming out soon. Its alright having all the graphics but at what cost to the rest.

New PC Required
                    New apps

I might just be persuaded to start running an old version of Linux as another Boot Up.
                    For downright ruggedness and reliability, you won't beat one of the
                    three BSD's.

Comment

Working...
                    X