Microsoft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft

That Bill Gates fella needs a slap. had problems over the weekend reinstalled XP. IE was not letting me refresh or open internet pages so ive removed the update for Internet Explorer & it works ok now. So be warned if you download latest updates from MICROSOFT
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

DOH !!

Rick
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

make sure you got service pack one marky
      ITS GOOD BUT ITS NOT RIGHT ?

Comment

Originally posted by fester
        make sure you got service pack one marky
        i have but removed the IE update
        (\__/)
        (")_(")

Comment

is it a shadey version lol
          ITS GOOD BUT ITS NOT RIGHT ?

Comment

Got an update yesterday, things are working fine. I think Bill is just after you Marky!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Should be using mozilla / firefox for your web browser - http://www.mozilla.org/

More secure, no more pop up adverts and mouse gestures are great

Comment

I've used Win95 Win98 WinME and now XP pro, and they have all eventually buggered up! XP lasted the longest though and ME was the most unstable POS i've ever used. Normally an over the top install will sort your browser out, and I learned years ago to save all my music and software on a seperate drive
                ...Woodie http://woodie.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/D...%20Surfsml.JPG

Comment

im on my laptop now as IE keeps telling me this page cannot be displayed
                  (\__/)
                  (")_(")

Comment

Ms

Have all available updates for XP and IE have had no problems YET. always back up your files, even the rescue programmes don`t recover everything and it`s very long winded.

KEEP ON SURFIN`
                    Rick

Comment

i put my firewall up after registering windows now the registry is full of spybot stuff antivirus picked it up buy cant fix or quarantine it.
                      another format & install
                      (\__/)
                      (")_(")

Comment

i've got ME... need to re-install it about every 6 mnths... thought about Xp but my mate's got it and it's crap! (user wise)(but probably cos it's new and different!... we fear change!)
                        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

XP is far better than ME. right im up & running again and totally secure if you have no FIREWALL i strongly recomend you get one if you do any banking or purchases over the net you leave yourself wide open.
                          (\__/)
                          (")_(")

Comment

Some reasonably simple utilities

My opinion: XP is the best operating system that Microsoft have produced so far.

If you've never heard of these free products, I suggest you visit the sites and download. I think these should be run weekly at least - in the same way you might run a weekly virus scan.

These will scan your machine and look for dodgy software that may have got installed whilst browsing web sites, or installing certain downloaded programs. Such things as keypress monitors, web site monitors, etc. Some 'spyware' is innocent... it will just give you adverts it thinks are appropriate. Some is very bad... it will watch your keypresses, and send them to a dodgy geezer. In theory, it is quite possible for all your activity in your banking site to be passed on to someone else. If you keep seeing random adverts for no reason when browsing, you probably have some form of spyware running.

Both these products are free for personal use. And they are easy to use. Just run the program, and click the scan button. They also have updates (much like a virus scanner) which are easy to download.

Spybot - Look at the first link under the 'Downloads' section.
                            http://www.spybot.info/index.php?page=download

AdAware
                            http://www.download.com/3000-2144-10...age&tag=button
                            http://www.lavasoft.de

Cheers - Jimbob

Comment

Microsoft

get used to xp lads its gates dream i wouldnt expect to see another o/s from him after sp2 is released as for ie if your havbing trouble displaying pages have a look for a third party java plugin microsoft dont support it anymore
                              Beauty is in the eye of the Beer holder

Comment

Working...
                              X