Which winch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which winch?

Can anyone tell me what either of these are like? I know that they are the bottom end of the market but I only want a winch for very occasional use.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RECOVERY-WINCH...item20b5024ece

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Recovery-Winch...item45f67d692e

Cheers, Nick
    "The force will be with you, always!"

Originally posted by Nick V View Post
    Can anyone tell me what either of these are like? I know that they are the bottom end of the market but I only want a winch for very occasional use.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RECOVERY-WINCH...item20b5024ece

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Recovery-Winch...item45f67d692e

Cheers, Nick
    I don't want to express an opinion either way. However, I bought a 1300lb superwinch off the first guys. Top quality, quick delivery. I also changed my order to include 15mm plasma rope and cables to mount the solenoids remotely. They made my order up same day, hand wound the rope, asked what vehicle it was for and how I intended mounting it. They were attentive and helpfull. I didn't feel they were just after a sale. Can't comment on the other guys, as I've not dealt. Good feed back too though.

Comment

I like the Orange one - the solonoid looks like a better quality item but I know nothing about winches - or much else really!
      I have been thinking about getting that winch myself.
      “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

I have the second one. It's never let me down, I think I've had it for about 3 or 4 years.
        My mate has exactly the same and has replaced the solenoids. (he gets stuck more than me though)
        Great value.
        Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Thanks for the feedback chaps. Not wanting to appear a tight arse, (no, I'm not Scottish ) I can't justify spending much more than these cost for a winch that will probably will be used very little. However, having said that when I do want to use it I want it to do what it says on the tin!

Cheers, Nick
          Last edited by Nick V; 9 November 2010, 22:44.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback chaps. Not wanting to appear a tight arse, (no, I'm not Scottish ) I can't justify spend much more than these cost for a winch that will probably will be used very little. However, having said that when I do want to use it I want it to do what it says on the tin!

Cheers, Nick
            Exactly my problem!
            “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

One thing I will say is that cheap winches tend to have a slow line speed.
              Here's an old vid of me winching with that second winch.
              very slow.

(ignore my sh!t driving, loss of concentration)

winch

Comment

Originally posted by puddlesurfer View Post
                Exactly my problem!
                At least we have a choice I suppose.

Cheers, Nick

Comment

Thanks for the feedback chaps. Not wanting to appear a tight arse, (no, I'm not Scottish ) I can't justify spending much more than these cost for a winch that will probably will be used very little. However, having said that when I do want to use it I want it to do what it says on the tin!

Cheers, Nick
                  Regardless of make/supplier you have to look after it! Check internet for servicing info. At the very least, run it out once a month and try it's free spool, wireless, wired remote. If you have wire cable - grease it! It may seem a pain, but better than the embarrassment of it not working when you REALLY need it.

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                    One thing I will say is that cheap winches tend to have a slow line speed.
                    Here's an old vid of me winching with that second winch.
                    very slow.

(ignore my sh!t driving, loss of concentration)

winch
                    I'm in no hurry At least it got you out, that's all I want!

Cheers, Nick

Comment

Originally posted by davec170 View Post
                      Regardless of make/supplier you have to look after it! Check internet for servicing info. At the very least, run it out once a month and try it's free spool, wireless, wired remote. If you have wire cable - grease it! It may seem a pain, but better than the embarrassment of it not working when you REALLY need it.
                      Totally agree 100% Dave,

Cheers, Nick

Comment

If you don't get a winch, you can always fit a button that summons up 15 people.
                        That's my mate that bought the same winch, he rides harder than me.

just press the button

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                          If you don't get a winch, you can always fit a button that summons up 15 people.
                          That's my mate that bought the same winch, he rides harder than me.

just press the button
                          Nah!! The people are slower than the winch!!!

Cheers, Nick

Comment

I was looking at the big orange one, it looks well made.
                            If it can be broken it can be fixed

Comment

nick try this guy he's top rated and fairly local to at times he gives money off if u pay in cash and collect it yourself. got mine from him. oh and he supplys everything you need inclucling staps rope you name it as far as winches goes he will have it.

Comment

Working...
                              X