2" Body Lift & 2" Suspension Lift Finally Done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2" Body Lift & 2" Suspension Lift Finally Done

Finally finished my 2" Body Lift and 2" Suspension Lift today.
    Just Waiting for my Panhard rod bracket to be made then all will be completed.

2" Body Lift kit from Xpajun Off Road.
    Landcruiser Springs From Milners.
    +2" Front & Rear Desert Fox Shocks from Roughtrax.
    Free Wheeling Hubs from Roughtrax.

Also did a full service while i was at it ready for the winter months.

Have attached before and after photos.

Now ready for some greenlaning/OffRoading in the Essex area hopefully.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by cooperman; 6 November 2010, 18:47. Reason: Photo Added
    1993 SSR-G 3.0TD KZN130

Looking good and a job well done
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Looks good what size tyres are you running and what is the measurement from centre of hub to wheel arch?
      “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Originally posted by puddlesurfer View Post
        Looks good what size tyres are you running and what is the measurement from centre of hub to wheel arch?
        4" more than it was before

Comment

Looking good there, fella.

Apart from the parts named did you add/change anything else for the two lifts?

Room for bigger tyres now too! (33s would look a treat!)

Comment

That's a bit of a Microsoft tech answer! Whilst technically correct its absolutely no use what so ever
            “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Looks wicked mate and a lovely looking truck. I'm in the process of gathering the bits for the exact same mod

Comment

Originally posted by cooperman View Post
                Finally finished my 2" Body Lift and 2" Suspension Lift today.
                Just Waiting for my Panhard rod bracket to be made then all will be completed.

2" Body Lift kit from Xpajun Off Road.
                Landcruiser Springs From Milners.
                +2" Front & Rear Desert Fox Shocks from Roughtrax.
                Free Wheeling Hubs from Roughtrax.

Also did a full service while i was at it ready for the winter months.

Have attached before and after photos.

Now ready for some greenlaning/OffRoading in the Essex area hopefully.

Don't shout!

Anyway, nice work, although it doesn't look as shiny as it did in the first photo.

Comment

You dont mention 2" on the front! if it's BJ spacers your tracking/camber will be miles out now, or did you crank up the bars?
                  looks good btw
                  Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

when i fitted my balljoint spacers and cranked the t/bars up i never had the tracking done on my old 3.0 and there was never any wear on the tyres due to the lift

Comment

Thanks for all the comments,

I'm still running BFG 31x10.5x15 AT's at the moment would like to put 33's on but as ive already got a couple of spare 31's, and the ones on the truck at the moment have plenty of tread so i think i'll stick with the 31's for now.
                      I will measure the distance from hub centre to wheel arch and let you know.

I had to fab up some brackets to drop the radiator and some plates to raise the front bumper but nothing a welder and grinder didn't sort out.
                      I had already made a plate up to move the brake load sensor on the rear axle so that was just a case of moving the bolts up.
                      Should have the Panhard rod drop bracket next week so will be fitting that aswell.

The front was already lifted about 1.5" by cranking the torsion bars, and had the tracking etc done so only needed a couple of more cranks on the torsion bars. Will get the tracking etc checked again just to make sure its all ok and don't tear out my tyres.

Yes i admit my truck doesn't look as shiny as before the lift but it could do with a good wash and polish. Plus over 5 years of use has took its toll a little bit i think.
                      With a bit of Off Roading it will look even dirtier than it is now.

Just thinking what to do to it next, thought about 4 spotlights on the roof, not sure what lights to use yet, but i'll have to see how cash goes. Maybe after Christmas who knows.
                      Last edited by cooperman; 6 November 2010, 21:31.
                      1993 SSR-G 3.0TD KZN130

Comment

you didn't needto do the rad on the 3.0 but just take the lower part of the rad shroud off.As the rad cap is on the rad not like on a 2.4 where the rad will need to bew lowered to the same amount of the bodylift

Comment

I know i didn't need to drop the rad on the 3.0Ltr and to just take off the lower part of the shroud, but i thought i might as well do a good job and keep all the hoses as they were, as opposed to moving them all out of alignment by 2". Just me being picky really.
                          1993 SSR-G 3.0TD KZN130

Comment

Is yours a factory fitted winch? because the front valance doesn't look standard .

Comment

thats fair enough.You'll end up being like Bushy and have everything perfect,but if the jobs worth doing then it may as well be done right

Comment

Working...
                              X