No announcement yet.

2" Body Lift & 2" Suspension Lift Finally Done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No its not a factory fitted winch, i fitted the winch about 4 years ago and had to cut the front valance to make the winch fit. Never even thought about whether the front valance was any different from standard.
    Might look slightly different as mine has factory fitted fog lights which go through the valance, but as its an SSR-G i thought it would be standard for that model.
    1993 SSR-G 3.0TD KZN130

Comment

Originally posted by cooperman View Post
      No its not a factory fitted winch, i fitted the winch about 4 years ago and had to cut the front valance to make the winch fit. Never even thought about whether the front valance was any different from standard.
      Might look slightly different as mine has factory fitted fog lights which go through the valance, but as its an SSR-G i thought it would be standard for that model.

Ah, it's the section of the valance where the driving lights are thats different, they're usually just a smooth section not ribbed like yours.

SSR-G
      Attached Files
      Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 6 November 2010, 21:56.

Comment

Other mods i've already done are

2.5" Powerflow Stainless steel exhaust system with exit on both sides behind rear wheels.
        30mm Wheel spacers all round.
        Winch fitted to front with modified 3" Stainless steel nudge bar.
        Tinted rear and back windows.
        Bonnet guard and headlight guards.
        Tow bar fitted to front and rear.
        Amps and Subwoofer fitted in rear.

Thinking of fitting roof rails instead of using the existing foor bars, would mean fitting roof spots a bit easier but that means drilling the roof, bit scary so will have to get my courage up for that one and find the right set of rails to fit.
        1993 SSR-G 3.0TD KZN130

Comment

If you plan any wading you might want to protect those foglights, the ice will break them and they may get waterlogged.
          The rooflights you are planning will get a bit abused in the forest sections.
          I'd remove the sidesteps, they will only get damaged and that nice shiny A bar is money in the bank for your 33's, and no use for anything else.
          The rear spoiler could go as well, just another snag point for trees etc. and get a good bash plate made.

Bashplate drawing.
          Attached Files
          Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
            they may get waterlogged..
            yup

Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Make sure the winch solenoids are well sealed, and get some mudmats for interior (rubber mats with large raise lip) and keep your Toyota ones nice.
              After offroading pay attention to the rad being cleaned properly and re-grease the props, inspect CV boots for damage and fit some diff breathers and gearbox breather.

Have fun!
              Alan

Comment

Originally posted by cooperman View Post
                Other mods i've already done are

2.5" Powerflow Stainless steel exhaust system with exit on both sides behind rear wheels.
                30mm Wheel spacers all round.
                Winch fitted to front with modified 3" Stainless steel nudge bar.
                Tinted rear and back windows.
                Bonnet guard and headlight guards.
                Tow bar fitted to front and rear.
                Amps and Subwoofer fitted in rear.

Thinking of fitting roof rails instead of using the existing foor bars, would mean fitting roof spots a bit easier but that means drilling the roof, bit scary so will have to get my courage up for that one and find the right set of rails to fit.

Your next mod should be this one............
                Attached Files

Comment

Nice one, Paul. Credit to ya! Keep on modding, and keep posting the pics....Cheers....Mick.
                  " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                    Have fun!
                    I've always liked that pic Alan. I'm taking mine to Drumclog next week but will sit out the hard stuff.

Regards

Ross

Comment

That wasn't hard Ross, just a bit wet and deep, still got out mind ye!
                      Alan

Comment

This is my favorite pic from Clog, in the forest.
                        Alan

Comment

It's great having a wee helper at the end of the day to get the mud off
                          Alan

Comment

I like that one too Alan but ya we're just posing !!

Jess
                            "Cos short cuts can cost more in the long run"
                            Buncefield Burner

Comment

Of course Jess, but it's still a magic place to get dents in yer truck!
                              Alan

Comment

I was there for my 2nd time about a month ago in the jeep and the forest was my fav section. Unfortunatly the exhaust fell of the jeep. To be honest the new surf has went through what the jeep (without half the problems I will add!) does I just dont want to damage it as it's also the family car and SWMBO will kill me! That said i am so impressed with the surf off road I keep making excuses to take it out

Regards
                                Ross

Comment

Working...
                                X