yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which of these looks the better buy? (Surf-Related)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which of these looks the better buy? (Surf-Related)

Well the funds are in place, just need to choose a 3rd gen wisely.

Smiffy's looks nice, just waiting for some feedback from him.

In the meantime, this chap has a few for sale. Prices are a little... but what would you go for? Any obvious lemons there?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/dealer/128298/stock/used/cars

Cheers for any advice, don't want to have anything like the saga I had when I "Bought" a 2nd gen in Feb...
    Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

One of them appears to have been accidentally painted pale blue

Comment

wow, some good prices there, with a knock down you're gonna get a good truck for little money.
      Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

2.7 petrol ? Did they come with that engine as standard or is it an after fit job ?

Some nice trucks there. £3500 to £4500 seems to be the average going price for them. I seen some for a lot more when the snow comes :-)

There is a good sticky on here which can be used as a checklist when you go to view it.
        If it can be broken it can be fixed

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
          little money.
          ^^^

??? Is this your other car... ???

Comment

go for as new as possible if you got the funds so i would go for the 1998 intercooled one
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I was thinking that. Head trouble less likely and all that.

Not keen on the bedstead front end, but maybe I'll haggle him down to take it off. Also no mention of mileage on that one. You can bet that will be substantial, then. I'd want to see proof the cambelt has been done at some point too.

Still, 5 large is a bit... fort, non?

Comment

I paid 4.5k for my s reg 1999 but imo it was cheap and worth more than i paid.Keep the bars on it and sell them provately as you will probably get more but its worth finding out what he will knock off of the price though for cash
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

[QUOTE=mckirdy-services;664559]2.7 petrol ? Did they come with that engine as standard ?[QUOTE]

Yes, I've got one....

Comment

Liking that. Very clean. Did you remove the running boards? I am not a clutter fan meself, but the nippers may find it a stretch without them. Especially the 11 month old

Was that truck far North of 5K?

Comment

Originally posted by J i m s t e r View Post
                      Liking that. Very clean. Did you remove the running boards? I am not a clutter fan meself, but the nippers may find it a stretch without them. Especially the 11 month old

Was that truck far North of 5K?

We swapped it 18 months ago for our '06 Corolla, so we got it for roughly £5000.

Yes, I removed the running boards, but they might be going back on soon.

Comment

[QUOTE=BUSHWHACKER;664567][QUOTE=mckirdy-services;664559]2.7 petrol ? Did they come with that engine as standard ?

Yes, I've got one....
                        That looks sexy ! Verry nice.

Are you getting about 25mpg ?

I like the idea of putting a v8 in them. Maybe a future project in a couple of years.

Comment

[QUOTE=mckirdy-services;664574][QUOTE=BUSHWHACKER;664567]
                          Originally posted by mckirdy-services View Post
                          2.7 petrol ? Did they come with that engine as standard ?

That looks sexy ! Verry nice.

Are you getting about 25mpg ?

I like the idea of putting a v8 in them. Maybe a future project in a couple of years.

MPG is about 22 around town, (lots of hills around here) but up to 34 on a long run.

Comment

[QUOTE=BUSHWHACKER;664575][QUOTE=mckirdy-services;664574]
                            Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post

MPG is about 22 around town, (lots of hills around here) but up to 34 on a long run.
                            That's good.

Ill stop hijacking the thread now.

As others say, go for the newest one you can afford, don't worry too much about the mileage as it does not make much difference with these trucks.

The timing belt is also not expensive to change as it's accessible unlike some motors.

Comment

[QUOTE=mckirdy-services;664576][QUOTE=BUSHWHACKER;664575]
                              Originally posted by mckirdy-services View Post

That's good.

Ill stop hijacking the thread now.

As others say, go for the newest one you can afford, don't worry too much about the mileage as it does not make much difference with these trucks.

The timing belt is also not expensive to change as it's accessible unlike some motors.

Just one more thing......
                              It's a timing chain on the 2.7.

Comment

Working...
                              X