Aaaaargggghhhh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaaaargggghhhh

So I'm sitting on the side of the M25 with a steaming surf. Temp gauge did the usual binary thing. Fine fine fine OH JESUS TOO HOT. Guessing my second head gasket in as many months (different surfs)?

Oh dear...I'm off out. Hope all gets better.
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Thats a bugger, good luck with sorting it.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

...and I hope your head is ok...but be prepared an all that.
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Did I say head gasket? Obviously meant head. Last one killed the block. Hopefully caught this one quick enough that it is just the head. Tony am I right in thinking you are in Basingstoke? Would you be able to fit me in for some work?

Comment

Oh no!

Shall we just V8 them all and stop all this overheating nonsense?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              Oh no!

Splendid idea.
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                Oh no!

my thoughts too
                am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

The last one blowing up was a heaven-sent opportunity to persuade my wife that a V8 was an excellent solution to any further problems. I fear that this one may result in her throwing several toys out of the pram, and demanding that we get a proper car...

Comment

But it WILL be a proper car when you get it back, smooth, powerful, reliable, clean petrol engine, bodywork all scrubbed and polished, underneath all clean and painted, no smelly diesel on your hands anymore from filling the tank....etc, etc..

Comment

drooooooooooooooooooooool....

Comment

And surprisingly frugal. I put £30 in the other week and I've still got half of it left.
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Is the truck white?...stopped near leatherhead?....if so sorry but I could not stop as I had a client in my car (Audi A8).... Really wanted to help....if I was on my own I would have done.
                          .... Which was nice.

Comment

That would've been me yes...!
                            Thanks for the thought - that's very kind of you. Not much to be done in the event apart from sit it out and wait for the tow truck though. Home now thank goodness. I could maybe have limped home after topping up the coolant, but really didn't want to do more damage than is already done.
                            Now I've just got to work out whether I am capable of replacing the head myself, or whether I ought to just get the whole shebang done - new rad, head, temp guage etc. In which case I realistically haven't got the time (or the competence) to do it, in which case I need to find someone not too far away who could...

Comment

Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
                              That would've been me yes...!
                              Thanks for the thought - that's very kind of you. Not much to be done in the event apart from sit it out and wait for the tow truck though. Home now thank goodness. I could maybe have limped home after topping up the coolant, but really didn't want to do more damage than is already done.
                              Now I've just got to work out whether I am capable of replacing the head myself, or whether I ought to just get the whole shebang done - new rad, head, temp guage etc. In which case I realistically haven't got the time (or the competence) to do it, in which case I need to find someone not too far away who could...
                              The truck looked great in white and must be worth getting sorted..... I'm new to surf ownership and all these posts about the cooling system are really worrying me! Looks like I will be getting as many mods to stop it happening asap... Or sit in the truck all tense and sweaty!
                              Hope it all works out for you.
                              .... Which was nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X