No announcement yet.

Tuning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doing well for first impressions aren't we!
    Anyway if its neither here nor there, then where the bl00dy bell is it!
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
      Be careful, be very, very careful.
      'cos I've heard it's not just sheep!
      “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Originally posted by western uk View Post
        Apache Mate, I'm so glad you cleared it up i always thought it was the sticker that made it go faster not the tuning like it says !
        I guess your right. Because it *says* its tune by Razo, must mean it really *is* tuned by Razo eh? Not like anyone can just pop a sticker on is it?

I make stickers as a sideline, and I would never sell a Brembo sticker to a Corsa driver unless he provides documentary proof that he really has fitted £2000 worth of brakes to his £500 car...
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
          I guess your right. Because it *says* its tune by Razo, must mean it really *is* tuned by Razo eh? Not like anyone can just pop a sticker on is it?

I make stickers as a sideline, and I would never sell a Brembo sticker to a Corsa driver unless he provides documentary proof that he really has fitted £2000 worth of brakes to his £500 car...
          There goes my idea of putting a Ferrari badge on the front of my truck
          “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
            Be careful, be very, very careful.
            Andy, I'm all for newbie hazing but Yoshie was the first one to start calling names, you guys need to chill out as much as him, if not more.

This is the friendly forum out of the two remember, easy on the outright threats, if you're joking it needs some smilies, if you're not then it needs to stop.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
              Andy, I'm all for newbie hazing
              Woohoo!!!

PS. Tony, you *do* realise I'm looking at a Colorado tonight, not a 3rd gen? Am I still 'back in the fold'? After all it is a 3rd gen under the skin. Or will I be subjected to merciless and endless 'hazing' too?

Comment

Woohoo!!!

PS. Tony, you *do* realise I'm looking at a Colorado tonight, not a 3rd gen? Am I still 'back in the fold'? After all it is a 3rd gen under the skin. Or will I be subjected to merciless and endless 'hazing' too?
                Hazing yes, but they are allowed to have a go back, thats the point. I'm not letting one sided clique-iness ganging up on people for no real reason and driving new members away like last time.

Getting things back to 4x4's..

Hmm, you can sling your hook then...

I missed that bit, just assumed it was a Turd Gen, not ever seen the 3.4 mentioned in LC before. Like you say, I guess it technically get you into the 3rd Gen club, but with a greenhouse instead of a car body on top.

Hope it works out, will be a nice Toy, has it got E-lockers like some of the UK Colorado's? You'll love the extra leg room over a Surf TBH.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooler View Post
                  they can be tuned. i just finished my first surf project and serviced it. took it to the mobile rolling road and it was producing 201bhp at the rear wheels. Anything can be tuned depends on how much you want to spend

might have to change some items though
                  Hi Gez. Come on, now. You can't casually mention a 201 bhp modded Surf, and just leave it at that. Im sure everyone is dying to know all about it. Share some info. Specs and pics, and plenty of them please....Cheers....Mick.
                  " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

eh I understand this is the internet and sometimes I get bored talking to you lot and switch pages to por eh sry property pages.

I was pulling the guys chain, getting some abuse back is the intention. However, I apologise to the admin team. I know how thankless that task can be at times.

You must admit thou, we don't half attract some dafties
                    Brian

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                      Hope it works out, will be a nice Toy, has it got E-lockers like some of the UK Colorado's? You'll love the extra leg room over a Surf TBH.
                      It *is* a UK one. I heard they all have rear and centre lockers, but now I'm not sure...

Comment

It *is* a UK one. I heard they all have rear and centre lockers, but now I'm not sure...
                        Hi, Remember I bought two very nice Dieselboy stickers from you? I have never ever used them - but will be putting one on the rear window once things are sorted. If you are still making them do you have any neat / simple HiluxSurf.co.uk stickers I can buy? I'd like to state I'm a member here
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

right i'll try dig the print out i got for it. The previous owner claimed it was running 210bhp. all i know is that there is a huge radiator up front with fan. obviously for the cooling. it also has a more efficient water pump. think the ecu has been fettled with as well. i think the pump is running higher pressure, bigger injectors, the head has been flowed and the turbo is running at something like 20 - 28psi. i measured the exhaust and looked right up to the turbo it has a 3 1/4" all the way through. it isnt however intercooled yet though. that is something i would like to put on the truck. it still returns above 30mpg on a good run although if i boot it i can use 1/4 tank within 10 - 20 miles :-(

when i bought the truck there was a book which the previous owner gave me which logged all the servicing intervals mods and anything bought for the truck. i'll see if i can find that too. if you look on some of the aussie pages they have kzns running way more than 200bhp. as long as you sort the cooling out

oh and who says diesels cant be fast. look at the v10 turbo diesels and all the dakar trucks now. although the fuel has additive in it.
                          Last edited by Cooler; 1 October 2010, 11:40.
                          Completely bitten by the off road bug, and what better vehicle to do it in!

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                            I was pulling the guys chain, getting some abuse back is the intention. However, I apologise to the admin team. I know how thankless that task can be at times.

You must admit thou, we don't half attract some dafties
                            We do, its all part of the fun. I didn't have a problem with your post, or he's reply to you, it was all in context and I was enjoying the thread.

I didn't like Andys reply, it just looked like a personal threat, which I wasn't comfortable with the way it was posted it don't look 'banter', it just looked nasty.

Peace....

Comment

All of the UK Colorado's I've worked are AWD (no 2wd option like a Surf) with center diff lock, and have rear diff lock, but not sure if rear diff lock is standard or an option.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooler View Post
                                right i'll try dig the print out i got for it. The previous owner claimed it was running 210bhp. I dont disbelieve you, just wondered what's been done!
                                all i know is that there is a huge radiator up front with fan. Are you sure this inst an intercooler? obviously for the cooling. it also has a more efficient water pump. think the ecu has been fettled with as well. i think the pump is running higher pressure, bigger injectors, the head has been flowed and the turbo is running at something like 20 - 28psi.
                                I dont know much, but 28psi is shed loads. I would have thought different pistsons / rods or crank would be needed to run that much boost.
                                i measured the exhaust and looked right up to the turbo it has a 3 1/4" all the way through. I know someone going back to Australia, I would like them to bring me back a turbo downpipe which is about the size you mention. Expensive though!
                                it isnt however intercooled yet though. that is something i would like to put on the truck. it still returns above 30mpg on a good run although if i boot it i can use 1/4 tank within 10 - 20 miles :-( I know the feeling

when i bought the truck there was a book which the previous owner gave me which logged all the servicing intervals mods and anything bought for the truck. i'll see if i can find that too. if you look on some of the aussie pages they have kzns running way more than 200bhp. as long as you sort the cooling out

oh and who says diesels cant be fast. look at the v10 turbo diesels and all the dakar trucks now. although the fuel has additive in it. Bit different going from four cylinders to 10 though!
                                I bet your truck is immense I look forward to dribbling over the mods if you can find the book. I'd like to do something like that.
                                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                                X