Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuning

Hi Guy's
    One thing i've always wondered about my motor is a sticker on the back bumper saying " tuned by Razo " Any idea what this could mean ?

I've only driven one 3.0 Lt surf and that's my own, so i don't have anything to compare it with.

Saying that I'd say my motor was no slouch, but weather it has been tuned or chipped or up rated in some way I have no idea ?

I did see something on a thread saying that Surfs couldn't be tuned ? Is that right and why ?

they can be tuned. i just finished my first surf project and serviced it. took it to the mobile rolling road and it was producing 201bhp at the rear wheels. Anything can be tuned depends on how much you want to spend

might have to change some items though
    Completely bitten by the off road bug, and what better vehicle to do it in!

Comment

http://www.carmate.co.jp/english/

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by Cooler View Post
        they can be tuned. i just finished my first surf project and serviced it. took it to the mobile rolling road and it was producing 201bhp at the rear wheels. Anything can be tuned depends on how much you want to spend

might have to change some items though
        What's been done to it to manage 201hp at the wheels? At what RPM is this figure? Arent the KZN130s something like 125hp standard?
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Hi Cooler,
          What you done to get 210 Bhp then ? I just googled it and found a guy with an advert on here. His Razo tuned had an extra 40 bhp.

When i first got my Surf and found out what all the buttons did i was very surprised with the performance especially with the overdrive off and the extra button on Wow it really went.

Comment

You really should not drive with the Overdrive on for any period.

It is an automatic kickdown in the gears to give you a bit extra oomph when overtaking.

And holds it in that gear so it will stress the engine, once your oomph has been achieved turn it back off and the gears will go back to normal.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by funkykebab View Post

It is an automatic kickdown in the gears to give you a bit extra oomph when overtaking.

And holds it in that gear so it will stress the engine, once your oomph has been achieved turn it back off and the gears will go back to normal.

Matt
              The overdrive is ok to drive on all the time as thats what it is there for to be on.
              You must be mixed up with the ect as that holds it in the gears longer
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

If you drive with overdrive turned off you are driving in 4th gear instead of 5th gear (compared to a manual) it won't do any harm but will use more fuel - you can't really over rev a Diesel.
                “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Originally posted by funkykebab View Post

Matt
                  Its a good job we don't run idiot of the year anymore....

You always drive your 5 speed manual car in 4th gear all the time?

Comment

Originally posted by western uk View Post
                    When i first got my Surf and found out what all the buttons did i was very surprised with the performance especially with the overdrive off and the extra button on Wow it really went.
                    Sorry
                    Only thing that those buttons will do is not let you truck shift up into the highest gear and hold the gears longer between shifts, which the TPS will do anyway if you floor it.
                    No extra power there.....
                    私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by puddlesurfer View Post
                      If you drive with overdrive turned off you are driving in 4th gear instead of 5th gear (compared to a manual) it won't do any harm but will use more fuel - you can't really over rev a Diesel.

Oh believe me...when youve seen the mess a wrong gear selection has made...from 6th high to (somehow) the low range. The gearbox was fine, the left bank of pistons were all...err..outside.

Its very easy to over rev a diesel.
                      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

If you drive with overdrive turned off you are driving in 4th gear instead of 5th gear (compared to a manual) it won't do any harm but will use more fuel - you can't really over rev an automatic Diesel.

Unless you're a complete numpty

I've edited it or you gwh!
                        “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

At the risk of continuing the bun fight, no, its not extra power as such, but the ECT releases more performance by letting the motor rev higher before changing gear.

So no, not extra power, but more usable performance (allegedly , lol) and noticable drop in fuel gauge.

Also you can't over rev a surf easily, try shifting down at high revs, the auto box won't down shift till the revs drop enough in the higher gear to safely let it change down without putting the revs into the red zone.

You can tune a diesel, you bung more fuel in its as easy as that, either by intercooling, increasing turbo pressure or altering the fueling.

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
                          Sorry
                          Only thing that those buttons will do is not let you truck shift up into the highest gear and hold the gears longer between shifts, which the TPS will do anyway if you floor it.
                          No extra power there.....

Comment

Yeah so you've all gone off on one and not answered my question again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

So does anybody know anybody with a Razo surf that can help?

When i said extra power it was obviously because of it holding the revs longer with the over drive off, the other button does a similar thing so that must add more power or more revs?

So how does that work then? Surely its on the injectors or turbo ? If there are two buttons, how do they work in unison if they are the same thing ? I'm not a mechanic but as some of you guys obviously are I'd like it explained a bit better without the Bun fight !

Thanks Guys, Learning all the time !

Comment

Originally posted by western uk View Post
                              Yeah so you've all gone off on one and not answered my question again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

So does anybody know anybody with a Razo surf that can help?

When i said extra power it was obviously because of it holding the revs longer with the over drive off, the other button does a similar thing so that must add more power or more revs?

So how does that work then? Surely its on the injectors or turbo ? If there are two buttons, how do they work in unison if they are the same thing ? I'm not a mechanic but as some of you guys obviously are I'd like it explained a bit better without the Bun fight !

Thanks Guys, Learning all the time !
                              Read posts 1 through 13
                              Brian

Comment

Working...
                              X