Strange tyre pressure readings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
    and just to add my two pennies surely you would be using N and not N2?
    No.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

i doff my hat to you sir all these bloomin years and i have been thinking that N was used in hi performance car tyres and N2 was not considered pure enough to be put inside lovely low aspect pirellis and the like

i have used OFN in a few of my m/c tyres did it make a noticable difference ? i doubt it and to be honest it would be way "cooler" to use ignited lighter fluid to inflate your tyres
      Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
        I'll leave you guys to it cos your getting too deep for me.
        Nitro oxide is brilliant stuff, it's a right larf when you have a puncture!!

Gman.
        If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

OK, bearing mind that 99.9% of people use regular air, what cold pressures are recommended for road use with 265/70x16 Bridgestone Dueller HTs?
          If people venture off road on standard wheels and tyres, what is the safe limit to lower them to? (Not thet the HTs are any good off road)
          Thanks,
          Mark

Comment

Depends on tyre for side wall strength, wheel width to prevent tyre breaking its seal, etc etc. I would trial it on your driveway. Keep letting air out until tyre looks bulging at bottom, but by no means flat. Remember too little and middle of tyre can raise up, then you're just running on outsides
            "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
            www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by markp2 View Post
              OK, bearing mind that 99.9% of people use regular air, what cold pressures are recommended for road use with 265/70x16 Bridgestone Dueller HTs?
              The recommended pressure is 28psi, but most of us run at 32 or 33.

Originally posted by markp2 View Post
              If people venture off road on standard wheels and tyres, what is the safe limit to lower them to?
              Any lower than 15-18psi and you'll run the risk of the tyre rolling off the beads. If you have bead locks (which you don't) 8-10psi is OK.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
                I would trial it on your driveway. Keep letting air out until tyre looks bulging at bottom, but by no means flat.
                I'm sorry, but that is bad advice.

Comment

You have to love this forum. A thread can go from the expansion properties of Nitrogen to testing your tyre pressures by seeing if they look 'a bit bulgy'. Genius.

Comment

No ones mentioned the fact that forecourt compressed air is full of water...
                    私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
                      No ones mentioned the fact that forecourt compressed air is full of water...
                      What are you doing in this thread?
                      Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                        What are you doing in this thread?
                        Stirring?
                        私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
                          Stirring?
                          3 pages about putting air in tyres, priceless!
                          Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                            I'm sorry, but that is bad advice.
                            Yes, sorry, not very specific, or technical or scientific or anything really.
                            In my own head, I had a picture of a tyre thats only just spreading at the bottom, to increase contact patch, and not to enable the tyre to "mould" around rocks etc, which is probably more what the OP was after as a response. I wouldn't drop more than 10 psi in any case, as when you have finished playing in the mud you need to get home!
                            My experiences come mainly from quarter miling, but I suppose extreme heating and centrepetal forces are factored in to keeping the tyre "round".
                            However when I was a lad my Jago Geep on 31x10.50's woiuld happily drive on 12 psi, but 2 people could pick it up....
                            "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                            www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

i put in air to what i like it to be
                              and check em every week
                              if i let the tyre down for grip
                              i do it with a gage i made my self to what i like it to be
                              but my tyres are muds not road tyres so it says what to do on the side wall
                              tiz not hard
                              am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                                3 pages about putting air in tyres, priceless!
                                Hey I only wanted a straight answer & I got it but then all hell broke loose.
                                If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Working...
                                X