No announcement yet.

Could you do this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not on your (or anyone elses) Nelly. I felt a bit woozy just watching it.

Originally posted by tristanjay View Post
    Hell yes, Id be over the moon at the chance to do that.
    I take some of my best pics from the top of cranes. Taken from a crane that was at the time putting the roof on the Echo arena liverpool.
    A few years ago (about 2005 ish I think) a mate of mine was the H&S bod at a civil engineering company that was doing some work in Liverpool and was actually on site the day a crane collapsed. The concrete counterweight block had fallen from the crane and landed on some poor sod underneath it but the crane driver was pretty much unharmed once they cut him out of the wreckage and was able to walk away (albeit in shock). Those things scare the hell out of me but I guess the safest place must be in the drivers seat...

Comment

Hello everyone first....Good grief, was it just me or did anyone elses goolies go a bit twitchy watching that. You'd need real money to do that for a living.! You wouldn't want any nuts or bolts to come loose either..
      Af past ten n barrells roond

Comment

Originally posted by puddlesurfer View Post
        I'd have to stop for a fag halfway up!
        So would I and I don't smoke!!

Gman.

( "G" stands for GROUND)
        If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

Can we say 'metal fatigue'?

That 'whisk' antenna at the top will probably be aluminium, and up there will corrode pretty bad. Grab hold of the wrong thing up there and there's time enough to write a goodbye note to the missus on the way down. Did you notice how he let go with both hands at the top while he opened his carabiner?

Those guys have a bit missing in their heads I reckon.
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
            Did you notice how he let go with both hands at the top while he opened his carabiner?

Those guys have a bit missing in their heads I reckon.
            If he fell it would be quiet a big bit missing! from that height he can combine death with the burial all they'd have to do is fill the hole back in.
            “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Originally posted by puddlesurfer View Post
              If he fell it would be quiet a big bit missing! from that height he can combine death with the burial all they'd have to do is fill the hole back in.
              Pmsl
              Af past ten n barrells roond

Comment

thats just wrong in sooooooo many ways

Comment

I'm firmly in the "I was scared just watching that" camp. Feckin nutter.
                  Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

What happens if you need the toilet cos im sure if you miss your footing or lose your grip momentarily you'd need it.
                    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

I felt the lower gut twitching when I watched that. Nutters
                      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                        What happens if you need the toilet cos im sure if you miss your footing or lose your grip momentarily you'd need it.
                        I wouldn't need the tiolet. Cleaner; yes, Toilet; no...
                        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                          I wouldn't need the tiolet. Cleaner; yes, Toilet; no...
                          Ye me too.

Comment

Replacement shreddies

I'd need about 5 or 6 pairs for the first few hundred feet. After that, my legs would seize and I'd be useless!

I used to have to climb the comms masts on the airfield I worked on (about 50ft) and feckin hated it! Old WW2 wooden masts, used to sway when you were on the top platform. Also had to replace the anti collision beacons on the top of the radar antenna periodically. The tower was only 30ft, so it was about 45ft to the top of the scanner where the bulbs were, but to get to them you had to climb a 10ft ladder which followed the curve of the back of the scanner. I was always rigid with fear up there. Legs like lead, fingers made of sausage!
                            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

The thing that gets me is that i would poo my pants on top of that tower or doing a bunjie jump but i don't think i would have any bother doing a parachute jump.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                                The thing that gets me is that i would poo my pants on top of that tower or doing a bunjie jump but i don't think i would have any bother doing a parachute jump.
                                I was thinking that too. Mind you, when I did a couple of static line jumps from a few thousand feet it was out of a rickety old cessna with a mad chinese pilot, and I was just dying to get the hell out of the damn thing. The parachute thing seemed like a much better option.

But climbing up something that high is just a whole different kettle of fish.

Comment

Working...
                                X