Bull Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bull Bar

I have just bought my first surf. As I use it a lot off road I have removed the bits I am sure will get knocked off pretty soon.

These bits include a Aluminium roof rack in pretty good condition and LARGE bull bar with spot lights.

I live in the Dordogne region of France but I will be visiting the south coast (Bexhill) this weekend. There is a dent in the lower bar and I have some pictures if any one would like to see more. As far as the roof rack goes you will have to come and do some off roading and take it home with you!!!!!

I will be at the London2Brighton LandRover run this Sunday. We have a stall promoting our 4x4 holidays. I can take the bull bar along if this will help anyone. (They will not let me come in the Surf as it is a Land Rover only day - don't want to be shown up!)

I love the car and can not fault it's off road capabilities. I made a point of just changing the tyres to bfg muds and it is unstoppable....

Andrew
    Last edited by Koi; 22 September 2010, 08:35.
    Off road holidays in France. [url]www.dora4x4.com[/url]

Bonjour Andrew, sava?....Welcome. Enjoy the site, and yes...Post loads of pictures.....Cheers....Mick.
    " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Pictures of the Bull Bar

I have added some pictures of the bullbar and one of the "naked" car.

The bar is usable as it is but with a little effort could be straighted out.

You would need some new bolts as I have reused those to fit a winch mount.

Andrew
      Attached Files

Comment

If i could have gotten there from london i would have had them. But the wife has booked me this weekend....

Comment

Any pics of the roof rack??
          Ta

Alan
          www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Roof Rack

I have only got these I took, before I removed it. It is in good condition.

Only problem is I am returning to England in my wifes Honda and the roof rack will not fit in/on.

If you are interested I will take more. We are leaving 6 am on Friday.

Andrew
            Attached Files

Comment

Salut from Limousin!!!

Are you going to register the surf over here Andrew?

If anyone wants the roof rack but can't get over for it I am pulling an empty trailer to Kent at christmas.I'm sure something could be arranged!!

Regards

Mark

Comment

I didn't realise there were other surf owners in that area of france! I'm out there quite a bit around the haute vienne and dordogne border and probably going to move there quite soon.

I might have to come and do some off roading out there soon!

Comment

If anyone is interested in any of the bits from Dora4x4 then my cousin goes out to her place quite often.S car Go knows roughly where she lives and if my cousin can bring anything back with her then it'll save you a few £££'s
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Bits in France,

Thanks for your help. I also have a transport company who will deliver near Northampton/Oxford if that helps.

Andrew

Comment

Surf in France

Hi Mark,

As far as registering it in France I am not sure. As I am sure you are aware you can not get a certificate of conformity for a Surf. I intend to run it for a year then have a go at importing via D.R.I.R.E. but it is a nightmare.

I have seen a surf for sale on "le bon coin" which had French plates but how much money/hassel does it take. I am going to import the Land Rover 109 first but that will also be a problem because it is an ex-military. I am anticipating problems with that as well.

I can get get round that problem as it is over 30 years old and will be classified as a Vehicule de Collection"

Where abouts in the Limousin are you.

Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by s car go View Post
                        Salut from Limousin!!!

Are you going to register the surf over here Andrew?

If anyone wants the roof rack but can't get over for it I am pulling an empty trailer to Kent at christmas.I'm sure something could be arranged!!

Regards

Mark
                        Hi Mark,

As far as registering it in France I am not sure. As I am sure you are aware you can not get a certificate of conformity for a Surf. I intend to run it for a year then have a go at importing via D.R.I.R.E. but it is a nightmare.

I have seen a surf for sale on "le bon coin" which had French plates but how much money/hassel does it take. I am going to import the Land Rover 109 first but that will also be a problem because it is an ex-military. I am anticipating problems with that as well.

I can get get round that problem as it is over 30 years old and will be classified as a Vehicule de Collection"

Where abouts in the Limousin are you.

Andrew
                        _

Comment

Hi Andrew

I'm off junction 21 of the A20, North Haute Vienne!
                          Any one passing is welcome to stop anytime for a cold one
                          Just asking about the imatriculation because my mate bought a surf at the same time I bought mine. He has'nt started yet,but we think you need to ask Toyota for a certificate of non conformity and then off for a check at the DRIRE to inspect glass, seat belts,fog lamps,mirrors etc.Cost at the DRIRE is about €65 from what I know.

I sought out a 4 Runner and am awaiting a certificate de conformitie as we speak,but have got the 4 runner problems IE rust and no extras

Regards

Mark

Comment

I am only in Hastings just along the road from Bexhill.Like the looks of the bar but how much do you want for it.

Comment

Bull Bar

I only wanted £30 for it. As I had not heard anything before I left I did not bring it with me.

Sorry.... I could arrange someone to bring it if you can wait. We will be back in France on Wednesday.

If you PM me I will contact you.

Andrew

Comment

Working...
                              X