Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HID Xenon conversion kits, 3Gen

http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/hid-con...its-p-260.html

Second time lucky, ( I tried posting earlier)

Has anyone on here fitted these or similar ?

I recon they should be ok as a replacement for the H4 headlights on a 3gen.

Does anyone know if there is a problem with the origional lenses and the increased heat from these ?

They are cheap £64.99 in comparison with others I have seen.

thanks
    If it can be broken it can be fixed

I am thinking about doing the same. What do you think are the best 'colour' bulbs to go for from their range of 4500 - 10000?

Comment

Originally posted by markp2 View Post
      I am thinking about doing the same. What do you think are the best 'colour' bulbs to go for from their range of 4500 - 10000?
      the 4300K ones seem to be the prefered choice on here as much more is said to be too blue.

I cant find out anymore about the dashboard light problem with the negative switching. hopefully someone can advise if this kit would need moding to rectify that.

The photos on here of it done shows it makes a huge difference.

Ill probably order it tomorrow unless I get advised otherwise.

Comment

Just had a read of the specs. and they'll work OK.
        Good find, may get some myself.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          Just had a read of the specs. and they'll work OK.
          Good find, may get some myself.
          excelent, thanks

I have just seen these

http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/hid-con...its-p-281.html

I just want to be able to see at night not blind people, would they be too bright?

Comment

The 35w will be fine. You'll be blinding other drivers with the higher wattage versions, as your headlights are higher off the ground in a 4X4.

Comment

Incomming Stupid question!!!!

Would you be able to use this in a Gen2? Or is it a case of the usual that you have to change them for the MOT as you cannot lower your beam?
              Always room for more power!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by madmanc View Post
                Incomming Stupid question!!!!

Would you be able to use this in a Gen2? Or is it a case of the usual that you have to change them for the MOT as you cannot lower your beam?
                thats a good question, but er i havent got a clue, Im sure someone on here will be along soon with an answer.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                  The 35w will be fine. You'll be blinding other drivers with the higher wattage versions, as your headlights are higher off the ground in a 4X4.
                  Thanks Bushwacker, thats true.

I have ordered the 35w kit today.

When I fit it I will take some pics and do a write up on here. Its about time I contributed to the site this way. Over the last few years I have had numerous help, info and advice on here. So would be nice to do the same.

plus it looks very easy so should all go well.

Comment

What colour temperature did you order?
                    私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

You will need to sort out the negative switching in order to maintain the main beem indicator on the dash, the easiest way to do this is leave a bulb in the unused holder, probably the best is to create a circuit which mimics a bulb, there is a circuit diagram that will do the job on the 4crawler website (I don't have the info here as I'm in a field in northyorkshire but I have posted the web address on the most recent thread about brighter lights).
                      You will probably need to adjust the headlight beam down slightly as the beam on these kits can be out slightly (mine was). Also the main beam pattern can lack distinction which can fail the MoT (mine was)this meant that prior to the MoT I had to change back to normal bulbs.

HiDs are excellent the increase in light is phenomenal, and the extra increase in unseen light means cats eyes and road signs can be seen from greater distances. Mine just ended up being to much hassle long term, so I made uprated wiring loom and uprated bulbs.
                      Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Those kits in the link include the switching box to compensate for negative switching vehicles.

Comment

Mine were the 6000k ones as I wanted a hint of blue but not too much, beam was great without any alterations and went through the mot fine. The increase in light was just amazing.
                          Neal

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
                            What colour temperature did you order?
                            I went for the 4300k ones as did not want any blue in the light. They should arrive tomorrow.

Comment

Isn't there new legislation coming along banning the retrospective fitting of these as there is no automatic headlamp re-aligning/lowering on older vehicles? Would explain the plummeting prices.
                              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Working...
                              X