Stress!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stress!

What a ruddy week! Eldest daughter is getting married next week over in the Lakes. So the wife and I thought well we will drag our caravan over and make a week of it. On Tuesday noticed horrible scraping noise from the front brakes, sod it need new pads. Bought new pads and on wednesday tried to fit them. Problem 1. found that 2 of the wheel nuts had crossed threads, ok! Problem 2. could I hell get the bottom retaining pin to move, tapped it, hit it, swore at it but no joy. Put it all back together again and take to garage who ended up having to grind the end off to remove it. Well got the pads done anyway. Wednesday night noticed that our old dog (Butch) was having problems walking, Thursday morning poor old sod couldnt stand very well let alone walk, make appointment at the vets. Thursday evening took Butch to vets, 'very sorry but he has a large growth on his liver'. So after about 16 years we had to say goodby to him. We brought him home and burried him in the back garden, gonna plant a lavender next to him that we can stroke to remember him. Friday evening daughter is trying on wedding dress when one of the loops on the back came away when they were lacing her into it. Panic sets in! Saturday take dress back to shop and hope that they can fix it. Meanwhile I am trying to wash caravan and the truck, entertain my grandson, watch daughters 2 dogs and console wife who is devestated at the loss of Butch. Tomorow got to get the caravan ready to go away on Monday, after Ive been to collect the flowers and the wedding cake. Hell I miss that dog.

Spoggle

sorry to hear about dog know how you feel at least the rest of it keeps you busy hope all goes well from now on

Comment

Sorry to hear about your troubles mate, especially butch.
      Hope the rest of the week goes well.

regards Si.
      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your dog, don't know what I would do if it was mine.
        good luck with the wedding!
        l'm FAME-ous!

Comment

Well just about ready to roll. Caravan just about packed, shopping done. Bottle of scotch for me Car all fuel'd up. All we have to do now is get to Ullswater in tact. Wedding is on Tuesday then time to relax for a day or two. Still not come to terms with losing Butch though, keep looikg around and expecting him to be standing there.

Cheers Spoggle

Comment

know exactly how you feel about losing a pet.we ended up having the cat then a month later one dog and then about 6 weeks later the eldest dog all due to old age and ill health
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
            X