Fuel filler / breather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bathafarn View Post
    Just ordered an in-line fuel filter from my friendly motor factors and should be able to pick it up at 4.30pm. Fingers crossed. If it is the housing where's the best place to pick one up? Milners don't stock them at all for the KNN130.
    In-line fuel filter doesn't have to be posh, a cheepie Plastic one will do ..

ps... Rich ya can have Quantity, I got Quality

Jess
    "Cos short cuts can cost more in the long run"
    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
      In-line fuel filter doesn't have to be posh, a cheepie Plastic one will do ..

ps... Rich ya can have Quantity, I got Quality

Jess
      "Cos short cuts can cost more in the long run"
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

OK. So I've fitted in an inline fuel filter and can see that when revved the volume of fuel drops dramatically from the half-full situation to one where barely a drop is left in the filter. This cannot be bled of course. There doesn't appear to be any fuel being forced through and its relying on vaccum from the fuel injection system. I expected the fuel to be forced in by an electric fuel pump close to the fuel tank? Is there a fuse to the fuel pump I should be checking? It is better but when the engine is under stress it is losing power and I'm pretty sure its not the ECU, compression, injectors etc. The fuel pump has a filter of its own someone mentioned - perhaps I need to go back to that?
        Last edited by Bathafarn; 12 August 2010, 18:42.

Comment

........ The fuel pump has a filter of its own someone mentioned - perhaps I need to go back to that?

Someone mentioned??!!

Do you actually read the other posts??

Comment

Pump filter location, called a strainer in this pic.

Make sure you don't get and dirt inside pump when this is out, unplug the sensor first and don't lose the wave washer! No need to unscrew the sensor first, it will come out with the filter plug (plug no2) housing.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by KERRSURF; 12 August 2010, 18:52.
            Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Sorry if I offended you Bush####er by not reading all the posts thoroughly. I was typing away merrily whilst trying to work out the problem in my head and recalled that there had been earlier mention of the fuel tank filter but I had already written a lot already did not want to go back and lose everthing already typed out to be be able to see what was previously written. It was more a note to myself. Anyway, no offense was intended and I trust that you will overlook this lapse in my concentration.

Comment

see post 20.
                Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Ah... Now I get the picture. I'll whip it out later and inspect for blockages. Many thanks for the help so far everyone.

Comment

[QUOTE=Bathafarn;653439]....... Bush####er......... QUOTE]

Why the missing letters?

Comment

Christ on a bicycle!!! Did I spell your name wrong AND fail to read all previous posts? I did not miss any letters, but four # signs were inserted in the middle of your name for what reason I do not know. You're a bit temperamental mate, lighten up! No one is talking about you behind your back.

Comment

You know what? I can't be arsed!

Comment

Christ on a bicycle!!! Did I spell your name wrong AND fail to read all previous posts? I did not miss any letters, but four # signs were inserted in the middle of your name for what reason I do not know. You're a bit temperamental mate, lighten up! No one is talking about you behind your back.
                          At a guess you made a "typo" that looks very similar to whacker (hmmm, wonder what that would be?!) so I can guess the offence caused with the implied typo!

Everyone on the forum has excellent advice & musings to offer without exception. It's easy for things typed in haste to look a little tetchy... I know that I've posted a couple of things that in hindsight I've regretted. It's so easily done.

Comment

Working...
                          X