car transporter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
    My mate has one like that, it also has a solid bed and sides that can be fitted.
    Ideal for running scrap to the cash man
    i need to board out the centre on mine aswell as i will be wanting to carry pallets on it soon aswell
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

If you are talking about the Jimny you can legally tow that behind the 3rd gen with an A frame.

The jimny basically becomes an unbraked trailer but as it will be under the ton that will be fine.

I can make you an A Frame to suit for much cheapnes sir
      but a vehicle on an A frame has to be fully road legal aswell now as there are 2 wheels on the road.I bought a dolly for transporting surfs but as they weren't road legal i couldn't use it anymore for surfs
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
        this is the same trailer as i have got.It weighs 500kg and a max weight of 2600kg's and big enough to take a surf.It is movable with one person and can be loaded while not hitched up to the towing vehicle
        http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/IFOR-WILLIAMS-...item58891cf3b4
        I find it a very good trailer and only weighing 500kg's you forget you are towing it
        Does it only weigh 500kg? Thats good...........My surf and cr@ppy trailer weighs 2700kg and you saw my trailer, it's made out of tin cans.
        If at first you don't succeed.........give up.

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
          but a vehicle on an A frame has to be fully road legal aswell now as there are 2 wheels on the road.I bought a dolly for transporting surfs but as they weren't road legal i couldn't use it anymore for surfs
          That's got to be up for challenge mate, the A frame turns the car into a trailer surely.

If I cut the front off it and closed it up I could call it a camping trailer.
          Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Justbrad View Post
            Does it only weigh 500kg? Thats good...........My surf and cr@ppy trailer weighs 2700kg and you saw my trailer, it's made out of tin cans.
            Don't think a 2nd gen can tow 2700kg legally.
            Brian

Comment

cant do that anymore Brian
              I looked into it
              EU rules on trailors changed last year
              私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Don't think a 2nd gen can tow 2700kg legally.
                That was 2700kg unladen, so assuming the truck weighs in at 2000kg the trailer must weigh 700kg.

Comment

Originally posted by Justbrad View Post
                  That was 2700kg unladen, so assuming the truck weighs in at 2000kg the trailer must weigh 700kg.
                  Yep which means you can't tow a surf, with a 2nd gen.

Where as a 3rd gen is rated to tow 3500kg
                  Brian

Comment

Might be cheaper for me to buy a landcruiser, although they seem be holding thier prices very well.

Comment

Working...
                    X