getting tracking done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting tracking done

So I've driven 30 minutes over here. So far they have given it the "ooh its an import", and now the engineer is moaning its the same setup as a Mercedes and its agro.

Have you ever felt like you should really not be here? The bloke in reception is a rude tw4t as well.

I've already said I'm popping Tesco who wants a drink but no one was interested.
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
    So I've driven 30 minutes over here. So far they have given it the "ooh its an import", and now the engineer is moaning its the same setup as a Mercedes and its agro.

Have you ever felt like you should really not be here? The bloke in reception is a rude tw4t as well.

I've already said I'm popping Tesco who wants a drink but no one was interested.
    typical in this day and age manners cost nothing neither does common courtesy it used to mean something to business owners and they would expect the same from employees
    instead they whine and moan about the job they chose to do!!!!!
    I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

One of the reasons i did it myself, (the other being the cost) i'm sick of that "sharp intake of breath" and the "it's an import" $hit, these c##ts forget your the customer!!! your the one paying through the nose!! and their the ones makeing money out of you, plus even then you aint sure they did it correctly, it's dam fiddley doing it ones self but its worth it knowing it's done ok, (or at least as good as some of these knownowts would have done,)
      really detest paying money to some scrote to then have him make me feel like a bl00dy pest for being there, mot's bad enough but one has to get that done at the "place", from experience i wouldn't trust most of em repairing a pram,

end of "garage mechanic useless fecker" rant!!

comeing soon!!! ebay "ya pay and done get it" rant and the new "I phone sim card uselss spotty pr@t in the phone shop" rant
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

when i had tracking and that 4 wheel alinement thingy
        it cost me around 54 quid
        servise was wicked
        no morning or owt

ya should do a stinky fart and give him a look like he did it
        am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Thanks for cheering me up. Latest update is the near side track rod is seized and its 37 quid and 2 hours wait.
          I'm surprised its seized, the tracking was done 3 weeks ago.
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

tell them it was all done 3 weeks ago and it wasn't seized then so it shouldn't be now
            Don't forget they are not allowed to use heat on it unless you are asked first as the heat can damage the rubbers
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
              Thanks for cheering me up. Latest update is the near side track rod is seized and its 37 quid and 2 hours wait.
              I'm surprised its seized, the tracking was done 3 weeks ago.
              Sounds like they're feeding you some BS or whoever did the tracking 3 weeks ago didn't do it properly. I suppose it's feasible that it was done and that particular track rod didn't need touching but...

Comment

Thanks rich and rusting. Never thought about the possibility of that rod not needing touching last time tracking was done. He has the whole rod on a bench now trying to unseize it. Heat didn't work! Probably going to cost me over a ton here today!
                Just been to the worst cafe in the world too. Had lovely dry toast with green tomatoes, rubber Bacon and fried egg with yolk the colour of some strange luminous glow in the dark thing. The tea tasted funny. But the one sausage and watered down baked beans were okay.
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Think I'd be making a big noise there, telling them to put it back together and you'll go and find someone who knows their arse from their elbow!

I had mine done here at work by Steertrack. Cost me £80 but the guy was fine and spent a good hour on it.

As far as seized track rods goes... should've replaced them first
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

go to rsr its 25.00 at fiveways croydon
                    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

I never knew they were seized but I agree!
                      I got a quote from steertrack and he reckoned about 100 plus any extra time if it was agro. I thought I knew better and have come here where they come recommended.

Will update in a while. He has kindly agreed to put a split pin in my upper ball joint crown bolt thing as my friend tried to remove that on Saturday
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

That 'oooh its an import' thing bugs me.

What? Do they use alien technology to build cars outside of the UK?? Its the SAME THING you spanner monkey's armpit!!!
                        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                          That 'oooh its an import' thing bugs me.

What? Do they use alien technology to build cars outside of the UK?? Its the SAME THING you spanner monkey's armpit!!!
                          Yep me too.........and p1*5 p00r service.

Took mine for an MoT the other day dropped it in at 9 " come back at 12 it'll be done by then " got back at 12 to " sorry haven't had a chance to look at it yet "

Did it by 1 and now she has a water leak she didn't have before. Apparently " it could've been there ages " and I may not have seen it as " the water would've evaporated " yes, but I would've notice the lack of water in the rad and expansion tank as I checked two days ago.

And for some stupid reason I asked how much for a service and the got " well it's an import so it'll be more expensive than a standard service "

It's not just garages, this country's customer service is bad in general...with a few very minor but welcome exceptions...... One of my pet favs is miserable receptionists! I mean it's the public face of your company......sorry I'm going on a bit...
                          6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy

Comment

haha
                            Well camber is done but it won't adjust any further out apparently, but where it is its dead on...
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

That sounds like bull$hit as well, when i "max'd out" my arms i had to bring em back in and still had some neg camber, theres plenty of adjustment on those cams, this is my point exactly, they bull$hit ya, moan at ya and charge well over the odds, and you still aint really sure it's done properly,
                              my track ends were siezed (well one of em) just unbolted the whole deal from the back plate (2 big bolts) and dropped it down and a pair of stilsons got it off, then in the vice and a little heat and WD and they soon parted, i did motha the track ends but there cheap from roughtrax, feck sit cheaper than 54 quid anyroad,
                              as said quality of service in this country has gone downhill badly over the past 20 odd years,
                              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
                              X