Just got me a Surf....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got me a Surf....

After a long period of indecision, finally got one, a 3.0 2nd gen in black. Standard at mo, but looking to get 2" suspension and 1.5" body lift after its settled in. A few Q's if you wouldn't mind...!
    Fan for rear heater is clicking as it rotates, how do i get to it to check it out?
    Electric Mirror switch not working, but radio is, however doesn't come on with acc position, only the next position, so consequently I managed to drain both batteries whilst cleaning it yesterday! Doh!
    What are the max tyre sizes you can fit on standard suspension, 2" lift and 2"with 1.5" body lift?
    Insurance - Price comparison sites coming back with £600 quotes, which is more than my 5.7 V8 Monaro....hmmm! Any recco's - the list in the faqs is far too long! Need up to date info pls. Contacting A Plan and Sky tommorow.

Looking forward to some fun soon, just got to get the niggly bits out the way first!

John
    "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
    www.johnthebuilder.info

hi mate
    where abouts in worcestershire are you from
    tyre wise i may be wrong but standard you should be ok with 31", with body and suspension should see 33",
    insurance wise try adrian flux
    i just had my renewal come through and its £245 for the year which is great
    animal
    PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

hello and welcome!
      My Surf eats knuckles for breakfast!

Comment

welcome dude

watch has some on here are insane
        am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

hey mate, welcome

I'm in worcester, where you based?
          as for insurance, adrian fluxx all the way.
          buy your membership here and they will give you a discount
          tyres - 31's on standard, 33's on body lift.

laters

andy
          If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

Best I can get for insurance was my renewal through LV (paid for today).

£437.72 fully comp, 36 years old, post code not the most celubrious of areas but certainly not the worst place I've lived by a long chalk (used to live in one of the most burgled streets in Britain on Tyneside once upon a time!) and a less than perfect driving record.

It might not sound like a brilliant price to pay but it wasn't far off half the price I was getting quoted anywhere else.

Gawd knows why bike insurance is so cheap for me (apart from the fact I've been riding for 20 years!) when car insurance seems so daft...

Welcome to the land of Surfdom! I'm really glad I found myself owning a Surf and finding this forum and I hope you will to...

Comment

Originally posted by animal View Post
              hi mate
              where abouts in worcestershire are you from
              tyre wise i may be wrong but standard you should be ok with 31", with body and suspension should see 33",
              insurance wise try adrian flux
              i just had my renewal come through and its £245 for the year which is great
              animal
              Hi Animal, just down the road from you in Cookley. Is £245 fully comp? Any restrictions ie mileage etc?
              Another Q, the locking wheel nut on the spare doesn't seem to want to do anything with the ign key - should I have another key (Cos I don't! )
              "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
              www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

the spare wheel locking key things are a piggin nightmare, mine didnt seem to work either and i was trying to turn it and it wouldnt budge, then i realised that it doesnt turn you just push it in and it releases the pins , but mine is awkward, you have to pull the locking nut with one hand while moving the key in and out with the other hand,
                a bit awkward but gets there eventually lol
                PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Cheers will have another go tomorrow!

Another general query, Anyone got a spare load cover they want to sell? Got the brackets, but no cover.
                  www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

welcome welcome welcome
                    My Surf eats knuckles for breakfast!

Comment

Welcome,

My insurance is about 430 something fully comp, after an initial quote of 920 TPFT from my previous insurers !!

(Still sounds like I should have contacted Adrian Flux though! )
                      6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
                        Cheers will have another go tomorrow!

Another general query, Anyone got a spare load cover they want to sell? Got the brackets, but no cover.
                        if i get one in then i will let you know but they are like rocking horse shite to get and they aren't normally cheap either
                        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Thanks stormforce, deffo need one asap. Still struggling with the spare wheel locking nut. Spins, just, but won't go in or out. Paranoid i'm gonna get a puncture! Any ideas folks?
                          www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

My insurance is around the £360 mark for the year, fully comp with £100 excess (or £200, cannot remember) and an additional driver (me mum!) for some admin fee. My renewal is up so if it's more expensive this year then I'll be looking elsewhere. Although I've just turned 25 so hopefully it should be cheaper again Thats with Adrian Flux (Jubilee)
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Spray some wd40 into the lock.The key won't turn in there very much and the whole thing will spin.You will need to wiggle the key about in it and push and pull on the lock part as its probably just stuck on there.You can hammer it off and i should have a spare with a key if needed but will need to double check first though
                              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
                              X