yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Temp Fluctuates while towing caravan ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've the same problem with my 3.0, I was towing a trailer uphill the other day and my needle went right upto the red (not into) and stayed normal when driving on the flat, done the same jouney in my old 2.4 without any trouble. It smelt hot too and it has a new radiator, there is no water loss either.

Although a autobox cooler may help I feel the truck shouldn't get hot anyway regardless, I may do a rad flush and change the water pump, any other suggestion welcome.
    If at first you don't succeed.........give up.

Comment

Bonnet Vents

You could fit an electric fan, much more efficient and i also added the vents to the bonnet to improve the air flow!
      Barron.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by red barron; 17 July 2010, 20:19.

Comment

lovely

almost there and planning to fit the trans cooler this saturday but just a couple of probably stupid questions before I start chopping.

The write up is brill but us it safe to assume that the set up is the same on the thrid gen regarding which pipe is the "pumped side"

The cooler i've bought is a MOCAL 13 row cooler with pipe attachements on the top - is there a right way to fit it or can it be vertical or horizontal from the piping perspective also could it be fitted with teh pipe unions facing down.

I'm planning to do an autobox fluid change at the same time, anyone know how much extra I'll need to account for the additional pipes & cooler or is it going to be a case of draining & measuring the old fluid and replacing it then running it up to temp and topping up as appropriate

just don't want to make any silly mistakes, particularily with the price of dextron II

ta

hawaii
        I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Working...
        X