I spy something begining with F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by si tate View Post
    This is my point, 3rd gens don't need coolers fitting, mine has never overheated, never struggled & never needed a replacment hair dryer.
    You're sooo going to regret saying that some time in the future :bookmarks thread for later use: ......

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
      You're sooo going to regret saying that some time in the future :bookmarks thread for later use: ......

Now you've probably just jinxed me.
      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
        wheels and tyres please, let me know.
        Tyres are shot mate, I have had them 5 yrs and they must have done 100000k.
        monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Fit a lex in it Steve. Pretty straightforward abs that would tow well.
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post

My Surf eats knuckles for breakfast!

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
              Fit a lex in it Steve. Pretty straightforward abs that would tow well.
              It was one of my considerations Gra. But how long is the gearbox going to last, it needs a new set of meats, a set of shocks and also has a few clunks. So I might just end up with a cruiser. Not quite decided yet, but I can't drive around in this pug 306 much longer. Did I really just admit to that?
              monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

If you use the lex gearbox, I believe they are quite strong mate. And yeah...I hada 306 sedan pug...it was horrible.
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                  This is my point, 3rd gens don't need coolers fitting, mine has never overheated, never struggled & never needed a replacment hair dryer.
                  Same engine, box and cooling system so I wouldn't get too cocky, all you need is a stuck thermostat and boomH

Comment

If you use the lex gearbox, I believe they are quite strong mate. And yeah...I hada 306 sedan pug...it was horrible.
                    Hmmmmmm?
                    monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom View Post
                      It was one of my considerations Gra. But how long is the gearbox going to last, it needs a new set of meats, a set of shocks and also has a few clunks. So I might just end up with a cruiser. Not quite decided yet, but I can't drive around in this pug 306 much longer. Did I really just admit to that?
                      My first car was a Peugot 309. The fuel pump never quite worked properly if the car was left standing for more than a few hours. I used to carry around a syringe and a can of petrol in the boot so that when I needed to start the car I could inject it directly into the fuel lines to give it enough juice to fire up.

It ran fine once it was going. Was actually quite good fun to drive too.

Comment

Hmmmmmm?

And you have to modify the output shaft...with a 9" inch grinder. IRS just a tad to long, but otherwise is s perfect fit into the transfer box.
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

And you have to modify the output shaft...with a 9" inch grinder. IRS just a tad to long, but otherwise is s perfect fit into the transfer box.
                          So is your's finished yet? I have'nt seen any pics.
                          monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Also, the speedo sensor trigger wheel needs shortening and fixing to the shaft too (four M6 grub screws and Loctite) changing the signal from four pulse to eight.
                            15mm hole drilled into the transfer case for the engine speed sensor.

The stock Lexus trans can quite happily cope with up to 400bhp.

Comment

So is your's finished yet? I have'nt seen any pics.
                              Being started shortly I believe mate.
                              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Hazzo View Post
                                Same engine, box and cooling system so I wouldn't get too cocky, all you need is a stuck thermostat and boomH
                                Errrrmmmm not quite the same, kzn185 not ln130, cooling system not same, box "not sure" so can't comment.
                                If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Working...
                                X