I spy something begining with F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I spy something begining with F

Fcuked, on a journey from Bedford to Northampton I stopped 5 times and used 2 1/2 gallons of water with no leaks, and clouds of steam on start up.
    RIP little truck. I now have a breaker.

On the other hand
    monstercreations.org.uk

Originally posted by Phantom View Post
    Fcuked, on a journey from Bedford to Northampton I stopped 5 times and used 2 1/2 gallons of water with no leaks, and clouds of steam on start up.
    RIP little truck. I now have a breaker.

On the other hand
    Bugger, well if your breaking.... wind guards...?

If not... Lucifers evil twin ?
    Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Weighing up my options at the moment Cal. I need a decent towing vehicle, so toyed with the idea of a V8, but how strong is the gearbox? If I break it all the doors will go on Lucifer along with the wind deflecters, sorry.
      If I build another truck it will be on a leaf sprung chassis. So just don't know at the moment.
      monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

You probably don't want to hear this but a 3rd gen would pull your caravan with ease.
        If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
          You probably don't want to hear this but a 3rd gen would pull your caravan with ease.
          I agree, my van is a 24foot double and the surf pulled that.
          Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

My truck pulled it but I would'nt say with ease. I just think a V8 Land cruiser would pull it with ease.
            monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Gutted for ya Steve!

But, knowing you, you'll soon have something sorted

Alan
              www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom View Post
                My truck pulled it but I would'nt say with ease. I just think a V8 Land cruiser would pull it with ease.
                Oh yes an LC would definatly do the job, infact i say it was over kill.

Comment

only pulled a caravan with my surf once didn't like it ,on the other hand pulled our caravan with our isuzu fantastic and our caravan is alot longer than the one i pulled with the surf .too much rear overhang on a surf for towing .

Comment

Originally posted by steve s View Post
                    only pulled a caravan with my surf once didn't like it ,on the other hand pulled our caravan with our isuzu fantastic and our caravan is alot longer than the one i pulled with the surf .too much rear overhang on a surf for towing .
                    2nd gens are renowned for not being up to the job, especially the 2.4.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                      2nd gens are renowned for not being up to the job, especially the 2.4.

Rubbish, lack of power on a 2.4 maybe, not nothing else, get an ATF cooler, and it'll tow 3500kg all day (not legal, granted, but that not what you're talking about), our does, never felt in a safer tow vehicle.

Load your trailer properly

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I'm with Tonyn on this one, my van is avondale landranger6400, twin axle 23ft or so and towed no problem on a bog standard surf. I even towed it with the head gone, (not that I knew at the time) the van was fully loaded so I reckon about 2500kg, the surf also to the gunwhales with fridge freezer, tools etc etc, it struggled a bit on inclines but managed.

Now I understand it needs the tranny cooler its getting one and will hopefully be pulling this van again, this time though the moving of all my extras will be done seperate. H

Comment

wheels and tyres please, let me know.
                          Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post

Rubbish, lack of power on a 2.4 maybe, not nothing else, get an ATF cooler, and it'll tow 3500kg all day (not legal, granted, but that not what you're talking about), our does, never felt in a safer tow vehicle.

Load your trailer properly

Originally posted by Hazzo View Post
                            I'm with Tonyn on this one, my van is avondale landranger6400, twin axle 23ft or so and towed no problem on a bog standard surf. I even towed it with the head gone, (not that I knew at the time) the van was fully loaded so I reckon about 2500kg, the surf also to the gunwhales with fridge freezer, tools etc etc, it struggled a bit on inclines but managed.

Now I understand it needs the tranny cooler its getting one and will hopefully be pulling this van again, this time though the moving of all my extras will be done seperate. H
                            This is my point, 3rd gens don't need coolers fitting, mine has never overheated, never struggled & never needed a replacment hair dryer.

Comment

But you did need some head and shoulders frequent use though !
                              Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Working...
                              X