Central locking problem??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central locking problem??

After taking the door to bits and checking the switches and the door motor no joy.
    I took the bottom of the dash off and took out the Central locking relay checked for dry joints all seemed ok!
    unplugged the door loom from the fuse box and central locking relay and pulled the loom back into the door and stripped it back to expose the wires to check them and what do i find??

Do you think that it could be my problem???

It's amazing what a few years of opening and closing doors will do to wires.
    now start's the job of stripping them back and soldering it all back together
    I NEEED MUD.....and Welsh spring water!!!

looks almost a carbon copy of what I found 6 weeks ago.soldered it all up and it all works as good as new now!
    Seem to rember that there was two blue wires with a red tracer on them that were not interchangable
    Regards
    Mark
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by s car go View Post
      looks almost a carbon copy of what I found 6 weeks ago.soldered it all up and it all works as good as new now!
      Seem to rember that there was two blue wires with a red tracer on them that were not interchangable
      Regards
      Mark
      Yup but as luck would have it no two wires that i have brocken are the same did you strip your loom back or just solder them together?
      because if you did not strip it back and replace a section you will have a solder joint which is not flexible in a place where you need it to be flexible which will come back and bite you in the a55 later on!

Comment

Nah!! just pulled a bit from here and abit more from there!!!
        I figured it took 15 years or so to break 1st time so if it does me another few years that will do!!!
        Touch wood alls well to date!
        Famous last words

Comment

Originally posted by s car go View Post
          Nah!! just pulled a bit from here and abit more from there!!!
          I figured it took 15 years or so to break 1st time so if it does me another few years that will do!!!
          Touch wood alls well to date!
          Famous last words
          Bl00dy "A" typical french workmanship

This is what I did

Then all tested and checked all working!

Comment

Nice work! Before I embark on a similar journey to see what's wrong, is the passenger door supposed to activate the central locking with the key or is it just the driver's door?
            I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

Originally posted by lord_flashart View Post
              Nice work! Before I embark on a similar journey to see what's wrong, is the passenger door supposed to activate the central locking with the key or is it just the driver's door?
              Thanks in answer to your question I don't think so but i could be wrong
              Whats up with your's?

Comment

Just the drivers door on both of mine....

Comment

Originally posted by evildwarf View Post
                  Thanks in answer to your question I don't think so but i could be wrong
                  Whats up with your's?
                  When I turn the key it works most of the time but not always and never on the passenger side. It would appear the passenger side is not supposed to work the central locking so that saves me some hassle! As for the driver's side I'll just have to pull it apart and see what I find!!

Thanks,

Ray.
                  I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

Electrical tape is ok for repairs like this but some Kopex will make the repair last much longer.

http://www.kopex.co.uk/productpage.asp?a=19
                    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Ive got a full drivers door loom lying around my garage from when I changed my rusty door free +pnp if anyone needs it

Ollie
                      If in doubt, get a bigger hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by lord_flashart View Post
                        When I turn the key it works most of the time but not always and never on the passenger side. It would appear the passenger side is not supposed to work the central locking so that saves me some hassle! As for the driver's side I'll just have to pull it apart and see what I find!!

Thanks,

Ray.
                        I'm with you on that one Ray but I have progressed beyond the "works most of the time" through to "works some of the time" to now when the key only opens the drivers door. The button on the drivers door armrest still works the central locking though so it's not all bad.....

Comment

If it works intermitantly it will stop working sooner or later fortunately it is not a long job

Comment

Mine became urgent because it was locking as I slammed the door shut!
                            Did it twice,but fortunately the back window was down and I was able to crawl through and open the doors up.
                            Incidently my central locking works from neither ther drivers or passengers doors lock because it came as standard with Toyotas anti theft system which included remote locking!!!

Regards

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by evildwarf View Post
                              Bl00dy "A" typical french workmanship
                              You think I got time time to do a proper job when theres important stuff to do like swilling red wine and eating garlic!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X