coolant temperature sensor location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coolant temperature sensor location

howdoo surfers.can someone please tell me/show me where to fit my new coolant temperature sensor and the easiest way to attack it.cheers guys and have a nice bank holiday weekend

The sensor for the temp gauge is this one, (green arrow)the sensor for the back up fan is at the front of the thermostat houseing at the top,
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

wrong sensor

sorry bud but thats the wrong one .the coolant temperature sensor seems to be located at a really awkward place to get too judging by a picture i saw on one of the old forums.it is above the starter.might have to get my local toyota mechanic to look at it.thanks anyway and have a good one .mike

Comment

OK think i know the one you mean, and yup! it's a bugger to get at, screws into the block just above/behind the starter, much easier with a body lift tho

Comment

yip

yip thats the one.what a feckin b444sterd of a place to get to,i have tried to look at it from all angles but still failed,maybe i am not ambidextrous enough to be a mechanic,cheesed right off now,have to go and kick the girlfriend,would kick the dog but i like the dog.lol

Comment

2'' lift

how much would a 2'' lift cost just out off curiosity?

Comment

Originally posted by purplebeard66 View Post
              how much would a 2'' lift cost just out off curiosity?
              Around 65 quid if you do it yourself.

Comment

lift

can it be done by a complete amature like me or would i need special tools and at least half a brain? intrigued now

Comment

can it be done by a complete amature like me or would i need special tools and at least half a brain? intrigued now

Basic socket set/spanners, (12mm 14mm 17mm) WD40, Philips head screw driver, the Surf's bottle jack, some blocks of wood big/long enough to reach the underside of the floor.
                  You'll need to fabricate a couple of brackets to relocate the front bumper which will be 2" lower when the body is lifted. Plus two small brackets to lower the radiator (if the bodylift is going on a 2.4)
                  The fuel filler tube should have enough slack in it to allow for the bodylift.

Comment

nice

o.k cheers bud.sounds o.k .will definatly think about the lift.have a few other things to get sorted first though,like that ###### coolant temperature sensor .have good weekend

Comment

howdoo surfers.can someone please tell me/show me where to fit my new coolant temperature sensor and the easiest way to attack it.cheers guys and have a nice bank holiday weekend
                      Hi mate,

Yes, it's bugga to get to. why are you changing it anyway?
                      (code 4? and the check light on?)
                      I damaged mine changing the starter but it wasn't too bad
                      'cause I cut the inner wing to get the starter out.

Gman.
                      If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

o.k cheers bud.sounds o.k .will definatly think about the lift.have a few other things to get sorted first though,like that ###### coolant temperature sensor .have good weekend

I use/fit these kits.....http://xpajun.com/product_info.php?c...products_id=89

Comment

code 4

yip code 4 mate.the tw@tin thing

Comment

lift

nice one bushy .is that your company by the way.lol

Comment

Cutting the inner wing might be the easiest way, you can always make a rubber cover from some matting, as Vince said, body lift aint too bad to do,
                              did mine on me own and i'm a duffer not only does it add to the look it maks getting at stuff easier, gives ya room for an intercooler if you that way inclined, and helps air flow round the engine, (and on a 2.4 you need all the help you can get)

Comment

Working...
                              X