Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Growler View Post
    Be gentle on him Alan

he's only had the truck 7 weeks or so, and was told that it had had new brakes all round the month before Unfortunately I don't think he checked for himself and took the sellers word for it. Don't worry he won't do it again.

Christ knows what the rears are like, after 9 odd hours sorting out the front's we ran out of time to check. Although I didn't hear any grinding noises from there
    Fair enough, I wasn't really having a go, I was just surprised anyone would let the brakes get so bad, but as he only just got the truck it's not unreasonable to expect them to be ok if the seller promised they had been done.
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

think im gonna check my brakes now.

they work well, no squeeks, but just for peace of mind, i think ill have a nosey.
      My Surf eats knuckles for breakfast!

Comment

Originally posted by yogigypsy View Post
        Private

Still waiting for the Logbook and Car tax reminder, bought the truck on 4/4/10, so nearly been 2 months. Contacted DVLA, they said the truck was still registered in his name, so ive got to tax it with the green slip, and then apply to have the truck in my name with a V62 from, I would love to know why the pr1ck hasnt sent of the log book. Ah well, if I get there the V62 form to them before he sends of the logbook (which I think I will!!) he will get fined £80, which could go up to a £1000 fine!!! that will teach the c&nt!!

The guy has turned out to be real feck1ng pr1ck, shame he lives in Southampton, if he lived a bit closer, I would have sent the boys round!!

Beginning to wish I had not bought this particular truck, had a chance of another one but they took too long to contact me back and they didnt seem interested in the sale.

Got a few "good family things" to do over the weekend, so im not going to spoil my mood by phoning the pr1ck up and giving him a piece of my mind, Im gona save that until Monday or Tuesday, that way DVLA should have recieved my application form.
        I got landed with a £250 fine for pretty much the same thing.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...autionary+tale

Comment

Working...
        X