cylinder head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cylinder head

My surf 3.0 TD 1KZ boiled after rad went late last year and the cylinder head cracked, we had a replacement recon head from Kuruma heads fitted. 6 months of no problems but now water has started chuffing out the overflow of the expansion bottle again even though weve not overheated at all, everthing was changed for new during strip down last year. Has anyone experienced problems with re-con heads ? or could we have a different problem ?

General opinion is that recon heads are not worth touching, fine for a few months but you will end up back where you started.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

welcome dude

reconed heads go
      am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by hillyheap View Post
        My surf 3.0 TD 1KZ boiled after rad went late last year and the cylinder head cracked, we had a replacement recon head from Kuruma heads fitted. 6 months of no problems but now water has started chuffing out the overflow of the expansion bottle again even though weve not overheated at all, everthing was changed for new during strip down last year. Has anyone experienced problems with re-con heads ? or could we have a different problem ?
        Further to the post, we have had the head tested and its fine and also the head gasket looked ok, can't see anything wrong with the block, help has anyone got any ideas ?

Comment

Originally posted by hillyheap View Post
          Further to the post, we have had the head tested and its fine and also the head gasket looked ok, can't see anything wrong with the block, help has anyone got any ideas ?

rad cap?

too much coolant?
          My Surf eats knuckles for breakfast!

Comment

Another thing ti try.
            Make sure the viscos fan is running as it should.
            If it is running to slow the system won't cool quick enough under load.
            There should be an marked differance in fan speed as you increase revs.
            Brian

Comment

Working...
            X