yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are spring seats required to fit LC springs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are spring seats required to fit LC springs?

and if so where can I get hold of some??
    Thanks!

they aren't absolutely neccessary but it will help to seat the tops of the springs properly.You will need to speak to surfenstein for these as i think he may still have some made up
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

You have/had the blue Milner 20% uprated hdj80 springs in yours correct?? I have ordered a pair this evening. How difficult were they to fit, can I get them in without spring compressors if I drop the axle?

Comment

I had the l/c springs fitted.Stein and Boyo fitted mune for me as i wasn't able to do it myself at the time but you should be able to do it ok by dropping the axle
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

hmmmm, might get supersurf to do it for me in that case cos if you couldn't do it...I defiantly cant!

Comment

I have the top mounts ordered from Surfenstein. If you do a search he posted their number to order them. Cant remember the exact price but theyre around £150.. May be cheaper if someone wants to correct me.
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Thats expensive! think I will give em a bash without! Read on here that they settle into the top mounts over time.

Comment

Mines are in without mounts and 16 months later are still sitting in fine.

It's possible to get the old springs out without squeezing them but the LC ones going in might need a wee pinch.
                Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

The seats aren't needed to fit LC springs, my 2.4 didn't have them fitted, but they are needed to fit the springs properly.
                  Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

mmm properly....ok...they still won't fall out, even with the articulation achieved off road.
                    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                      The seats aren't needed to fit LC springs, my 2.4 didn't have them fitted, but they are needed to fit the springs properly.

Christ!

You can be so cryptic sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                        mmm properly....ok...they still won't fall out, even with the articulation achieved off road.
                        You know fine well what I mean.

It's like me putting one of your shirts on, it'll go on, but won't be right (way too big)...

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                          You can be so cryptic sometimes.
                          Yep

Comment

So am I expecting the end of the coil to hang off the top mount a little or something??

Comment

Originally posted by bboy02 View Post
                              So am I expecting the end of the coil to hang off the top mount a little or something??
                              Yes, the coil is bigger at the top. To keep the coil away from the damper, the rear part of the coil should sit in the seat and the front part just off the seat on the chassis.

Comment

Working...
                              X