2nd Gen LSD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Minor Thread Hijack]

These trucks seem to vary wildly on the ratios used, are they geared differently elsewhere also because a friend of mine has 4.88, I have 4.56 and you have 4.1! It seems like a massive difference, how's your speedo? His is fine, mine is slightly out, so I can only assumed yours is way out? Forgive me for the hijack and the assumptions.

[/Minor Thread Hijack]

Thanks,

Ray.
    I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

I have a Lockrite locker, I run it in the front of my Wrangler, When it locks it is virtually unsteerable, Luckily this is usually off road and at low speeds.
      I have broken one pin in it, but it still worked (I only noticed when doing maintenance)
      The extra grip it gives is great, although since fitting it I have gone through 5 halfshafts.
      It cost me $200 a few years back. It was either that or the 'Aussie' locker.

If I had the coin I would put an air locker in,
      Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by lord_flashart View Post
        [Minor Thread Hijack]

These trucks seem to vary wildly on the ratios used, are they geared differently elsewhere also because a friend of mine has 4.88, I have 4.56 and you have 4.1! It seems like a massive difference, how's your speedo? His is fine, mine is slightly out, so I can only assumed yours is way out? Forgive me for the hijack and the assumptions.

[/Minor Thread Hijack]

Thanks,

Ray.
        It is a bit out, but I blamed the people who did the speedo conversion from KMH to MPH..
        I think if they used different diff ratios, but same size tyres, then they would need different gear boxes or at very least differerent speed sensors since it's electronic?
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
          The extra grip it gives is great, although since fitting it I have gone through 5 halfshafts.
          It cost me $200 a few years back. It was either that or the 'Aussie' locker.

May be you could put a LSD in the front? Locked front diff is supposed to be the nuts though.
          When you've broke a half shaft was that the splines or the actual shaft? What do you have in the rear?
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post

May be you could put a LSD in the front? Locked front diff is supposed to be the nuts though.
            When you've broke a half shaft was that the splines or the actual shaft? What do you have in the rear?
            My old Jeep has the stupid UJ on the end of the shaft, it's the weak point.
            I have a Chrysler 8.25 going on the rear. (open)

Comment

How comes you're going open?
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                How comes you're going open?
                I'll see how it goes, I like to use it on the road, and when the snow comes, driving around corners can get hairy, Maybe I'll just weld up the spiders and leave it always locked. But then it'll eat tyres.
                Really I should get off my a$$ and finish it.

Comment

Working...
                X