No announcement yet.

just bid on this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just got some photos - nasty scratches on it, like its been keyed. doesnt appear to have any rust bubbles around them, so I guess a trip to the body shop would be in order.

looks OK inside - ive seen cleaner, but again, that doesnt mean anything does it.

allegedly all electrics are fine, air con blows cold, never had an over heat, though (and I quote) - "It does run a bit warm" ....

pics here (give me 10 mins...):
    www.legendgames.co.uk/surf/
    If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
      Well done, you passed...
      I haven't touched a drop tonight, honestly

Oh, and that Surf looks alright, go with it if you feel he sounds genuine.
      Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
        I haven't touched a drop tonight, honestly

Oh, and that Surf looks alright, go with it if you feel he sounds genuine.
        hes happy to accept PayPal for it - which I guess means I am covered by PayPals 'buyer protection' and i'll be paying via credit card to paypal - might even be covered there IF there is an issue. however, I never really trust any of these 'protection' pledges to be 100% bomb proof.

As TonyN said, sometimes you gotta risk it (for a swiskit?)

And I might not even win it yet!!!!!

Andy
        If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

i've got a similar p reg blue 3rd gen, the paint on mine has scratches just like those picked up from bushes and tree's. that one is in much better nick than mine, with a lot less miles, if it were me i'd be snapping it up!

Comment

Originally posted by legendgamesmaster View Post
            allegedly all electrics are fine, air con blows cold, never had an over heat, though (and I quote) - "It does run a bit warm" ....
            3rd Gens suffer from plugged rads, I've done 3 this year, if the temp climbs when you give it a little welly on the motorway, then drops off as you back off, its normally a blocked rad, or overly large spot lights in front of rad....(eh? Ace Piker?.... )

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
              3rd Gens suffer from plugged rads, I've done 3 this year, if the temp climbs when you give it a little welly on the motorway, then drops off as you back off, its normally a blocked rad, )

That rings a bell !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

its ebay you pays your money and the revenge is poor feed back
                S S R G is the only way to surf

scottish mud club member kerelawsurf

Comment

3rd Gens suffer from plugged rads, I've done 3 this year

done what?
                  replaced or flushed?
                  I'm thinking a bit of preventative maintenance for mine...

BTW - I've not seen any signs of this yet, and I've ragged it on the motorway
                  私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

my surfs been keyed right down the doors bonet and back pannels (i upset some one)

them pics of the key scrachs look more like thorn bush scrachs to me

i have many on mine too
                    but keys tend to be scrached in different ways
                    also
                    stick ya fingers up in side the wheel arch
                    theres a lip about 2" wide if its been off road that lip will be full of solid mud

no one ever gets mud out of the door rubbers too
                    most surfs that have been off road hold mud leaves berrys and what not in the door rubber
                    its right at the top
                    stand on the sill
                    on the rubber its self there is a fold in it flick that back
                    if its full of crap
                    so is he whos saying its not been off road

hope it all works out to be a good one for ya mate
                    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
                      done what?
                      replaced or flushed?
                      I'm thinking a bit of preventative maintenance for mine...

BTW - I've not seen any signs of this yet, and I've ragged it on the motorway
                      Replaced, once they are plugged its hard to clear them, because the water has other holes to flow down, so you can't really flush it with any pressure. Tried leaving them to soak in various stuff to but in the end most need replacing. Also they've had the fins corroded or damaged, so don't radiate heat as well.

Wouldn't hurt to flush it out and clean it though.

Comment

hes happy to accept PayPal for it - which I guess means I am covered by PayPals 'buyer protection' and i'll be paying via credit card to paypal - might even be covered there IF there is an issue. however, I never really trust any of these 'protection' pledges to be 100% bomb proof.

As TonyN said, sometimes you gotta risk it (for a swiskit?)

And I might not even win it yet!!!!!

Andy
                        Quoted from eBay:

EXCLUSIONS FROM BUYER PROTECTION SCHEME
                        • Vehicles (including, without limitation, motor vehicles, motorcycles, caravans, aircraft and boats);
                          • Caveat Emptor!
                        Last edited by TOYOTATONY; 12 April 2010, 01:00.

Comment

just got some photos - nasty scratches on it, like its been keyed. doesnt appear to have any rust bubbles around them, so I guess a trip to the body shop would be in order.

looks OK inside - ive seen cleaner, but again, that doesnt mean anything does it.

pics here (give me 10 mins...):
                          www.legendgames.co.uk/surf/
                          After getting a bit of stick as per usual & not wishing to sound like the voice of doom & gloom, may I just say this:
                          Show these pics if you can to whomever you want to do the scratch repairs for a ball park figure repair cost. They look pretty deep to me.
                          Also, are the front seat covers hiding anything?

Just be careful is all I'm saying. We all can get a little over excited at something we really want, but tend to view through rose tinted glasses. Some on here have drooled at real bags of poo either from the glasses or simple nostalgia! It's the passion for the vehicle that does it!

Comment

Originally posted by TOYOTATONY View Post
                            After getting a bit of stick as per usual & not wishing to sound like the voice of doom & gloom...
                            Its not really stick, and not just you. You can voice of reason if you want, I'd rather be the voice of optimisum! Its only both sides of a discussion about a truck, surely I'm allow to dissagree with you and Vince about what to look for in a truck?

TBH, just recently people seem to be expecting and concourse quaility truck for peanuts. I'd be very happy with those scratches and even worn seats for the price the truck is at now.

Scruffy wheel and scratches... bring it on, its a truck, this is a offroad biased forum! Luffly.

Comment

Its not really stick, and not just you. You can voice of reason if you want, I'd rather be the voice of optimisum! Its only both sides of a discussion about a truck, surely I'm allow to dissagree with you and Vince about what to look for in a truck?

TBH, just recently people seem to be expecting and concourse quaility truck for peanuts. I'd be very happy with those scratches and even worn seats for the price the truck is at now.

Scruffy wheel and scratches... bring it on, its a truck, this is a offroad biased forum! Luffly.
                              Agree with all you say TonyN. I tend to be a little over sensitive at times.
                              Part of my ongoing years of depression I guess. My apologies.
                              I'll shut up now.

Comment

Never mind the scratches and seats

original walnut centre console
                                YUK
                                私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Working...
                                X