No announcement yet.

3rd wheel spacer question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to think i was gonna ask a question about wheel spacers....now i have been put off getting them..
    My Surf eats knuckles for breakfast!

Comment

Ask anyway!
      If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

Originally posted by legendgamesmaster View Post
        well, i'm considering RT spacers....

how do they fit the wheel? Spacer goes over original studs and held on by nuts then wheels on new studs and held on with wheel nuts as normal.

ive got my 6 toyota studs on the wheel, and my new spacer with studs on, and 6 nuts suppled.

i'm sure its obvious when you get them.. Yup it is

I assume (ha!) that they have 6 holes in them that go over the existing studs, and you use the nuts to attach the spacer to the wheel, then you offer up the alloy to the spacer studs and secure with your existing wheel nuts???? You got it

or is it some other way? No

image would be good! Not gone one

Comment

well, might just go get me some then!
          gonna do a picture of the truck with the new Grabbers on later. before and after shots.
          i hope 30mm will make the chunky tyres look extra mean!
          If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

I've fitted the RT ones and had no problems yet, spacer nuts and wheel nuts torqued to 85ft/lbs, (as Albanach says) checked every two weeks although thus far they have not come undone at all, put copper slip on both the threads for the hub studs and spacers studs and also between spacer and hub and spacer and wheel.

These are the closest before and after pics I can get, didn't really take a proper pic before fitting them.
            Attached Files
            Neal

Comment

I was really confused for a fraction of a second wondering how on earth you could measure a turn down to the nanometer (nm) and then realised that newton-metres are Nm.

I blame the tiredness from being awake since 3am this morning!

Comment

Working...
              X