caravan oven not getting up to temp!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• caravan oven not getting up to temp!

Anyone from the caravaning fraternity know anything about gas ovens?
    My Spinflow 'Cara' oven will ignite, but it does'nt seem to want to get really hot.
    I can leave it on for ten minutes, and then when I turn it down the flame stays steady, ( about 1/3 to 1/2 power).
    I've changed the regulator on the bottle, changed the bottle for a completely full one, but no improvement. The hob and fire work fine.
    I'm thinking along the line that it's the thermostat/controll switch, but don't want to splash out £50.00 if it's something else. (new oven is £230ish)
    The Van is ten years old, so it's not the new type regulator at the bottle.
    Any help appreciated.

I found that on my van if i run it on butane its not as efective as when i run on propane but to me it sounds like your thermostat.
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

just been across to workshop people after talking to tippy...sounds like thermocouple/thermostat should be cheaper than £50 though
      Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

latest quote.

Originally posted by John h View Post
        just been across to workshop people after talking to tippy...sounds like thermocouple/thermostat should be cheaper than £50 though
        Cheers guys, thanks for that John, much appreciate you taking the time to check up for me, just had an email back from Leisure Spares, Boroughbridge, Wetherby Rd, which is your part of the Shire, thermostat £40.00, thermocouple £10.00, postage £4.50,
        These are the only people I can source at the moment, for which I'm thankfull, so it's a case of 'beggars can't be choosers' unless somebody on here can come up with an alternative supplier. (I've got all the Thetford/Spinflow part numbers if anyone can). I need to bottom this P.D.Q, as the big migration is coming up soon!! (Easter break that is).

Comment

The caravan fraternity here say they get various 'bits' from Yorkshire caravans at Bawtry nr doncaster, Towsure at Sheffield they also said try thermocouple first as all three of them have had to change theirs over the last two year/seasons oh and as usual its not a simple job ...allegedly

Comment

Surely it would be cheaper to buy a box of matches and .......
            Then book into a hotel or b&b

Comment

Symptoms same?

Originally posted by John h View Post
              The caravan fraternity here say they get various 'bits' from Yorkshire caravans at Bawtry nr doncaster, Towsure at Sheffield they also said try thermocouple first as all three of them have had to change theirs over the last two year/seasons oh and as usual its not a simple job ...allegedly
              Ta for that John,

Did they by any chance say what their symptoms were? I could do to fix this first time. It looks like an oven out job, and I don't really want to have to do that twice.

Comment

The plot thickens ! depending which model you have ( these guys all have double axle jobbys) serious road blockers ! they have thermocouples because they link to the central heating system and stuff, you may just need the thermostat ? but they all agree that constant low flame was their problem and after market thermos are about £20 on ebay ! I don't get much info out of these guys because we moan at them blocking our access etc they are alright with me but hate our CEO !any road up they have closed for the day so any further help /questions will have to ask tomorrow, sorry can't give definative answer

Comment

What gas are you using?
                  When was the last time the oven was OK?
                  When did you notice it was not OK?
                  Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                    What gas are you using?
                    When was the last time the oven was OK?
                    When did you notice it was not OK?
                    Why are talking about bl oody caravans

O that's right were not it's OVENS. We will be on to hoovers soon if were not careful
                    Brian

Comment

Cos they're more interesting than some of the sh!te posted on here ...

Swampy, if the price is an issue there's a couple of caravan breakers here

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

Cos they're more interesting than some of the sh!te posted on here ...

Swampy, if the price is an issue there's a couple of caravan breakers here

Fair point, well made.
                        Brian

Comment

try O'Leary's in Hull....I shall admit to being a member of the motorhome fraternity...

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                            Why are talking about bl oody caravans

O that's right were not it's OVENS. We will be on to hoovers soon if were not careful
                            I'm talking about gas, I know lots about gas you know...
                            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                              I'm talking about gas, I know lots about gas you know...
                              Talking of gas Alan had his first welding lesson the day and didn't burn me or himself, in fact the lads a natural.
                              Brian

Comment

Working...
                              X