caravan oven not getting up to temp!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
    Talking of gas Alan had his first welding lesson the day and didn't burn me or himself, in fact the lads a natural.
    Alan?
    I thought you were teaching Conner
    私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
      Alan?
      I thought you were teaching Conner
      I am but Alan wanted to learn as well.

See what we have done here. Caravans to Ovens to Fabrication.
      Quality hijack
      Brian

Comment

Whatever happened to the '20 posts before hijacking' convention ???

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

Whatever happened to the '20 posts before hijacking' convention ???

Hey what happened to my thread? I only turned my back for an hour or two.
          Thanks John H. I've emailed Yorkshire Caravans to see if they can supply my needs for an honest price. Although, I'm not sure what my needs are after reading some of this.
          Price is not the issue really, I just want to get it right 1st time, rather than keep trying all the possibilities, we do enough of that on the jets at work.
          The last time we were away Albanach, was in the Lakes for New Year, where I froze my nuts off, -11 one night, and rarely rose above -2.
          We noticed then that the oven was below par, but I just put that down to the gas thickening up and running low.
          When I put the oven on last week to test it, I thought then that all was not well, ( or words to that effect in biblical terms).
          The only other thing Albanach, when I changed from red to blue the other day, I also changed the rubber hose at the regulator, I noticerd a slight oily? discharge at the rubber pipe to caravan copper pipe interface? Which puzzled me, and for a while I thought I may have a contaminated gas bottle, but all the other services seem to be working fine ie fire, hob, water heater.
          There, that's it, I can't think of anything else, other than change thermocouple and thermostat!
          Is there anything else?
          By the way John H, mine is also a double bogey, but can't for the life of me see the connection between heater and oven thermocouple?
          Thanks for all comments so far, it's a great help.

Comment

Sorry Mate but only passing on the message ? maybe some of the broad barnsley speak was lost in translation wot with me being from the swamp lands of doncaster and all that ?

What's this about Jets ?
            Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

You need to be running propane in cold weather - it's actually not as efficient as butane but it DOES work all year round ! We use propane all year so we don't get caught out in spring/autumn.

There's been some discussion about the oily deposits from gas cylinders on the caravan forums but the trouble is that I can't remember what the conclusions were !

Personally I'd go for the thermocouple thing first ...

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Propane should still be OK at -11, but Butane won't. That's why I asked.
                Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post
                  You need to be running propane in cold weather - it's actually not as efficient as butane but it DOES work all year round !
                  Depends how you measure it. By volume Propane has a higher energy content, by weight Butane does.
                  Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by swampy View Post
                    (I've got all the Thetford/Spinflow part numbers).

Any idea what the part number is for the inner glass screen (on the oven door) for a Spinflow MIDI PRIMA OP62295 ?

Mine is missing and the oven is usless without it.

Comment

May I bring your attention to avogadro's constant, which tells us amongst other things, that there are 6.23x10^23 molecules of gas in one mol....irrespective of what the gas is. This mol must obey bernouillis equation..you know p1,v1,t1 = p2,v2,t2, ie two mols of gas at the same temperature, pressure and volume. Contain avogadro's number of molecules.
                      Now if two containers, one containing butane and one containing propane, each had one mol of each inside, their weight would be similair...in fact totally equal. Now of you meant one gas had more volatiles, and not quite so much source bound up on a nuclear level, this not being energy that can be easily liberated, now your talking. They both contain an equal amount of energy, it's just one is more easily liberated in the form of combustible action.Hope I don't sound like a pedant
                      Last edited by gwh200; 19 March 2010, 00:33.
                      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                        Any idea what the part number is for the inner glass screen (on the oven door) for a Spinflow MIDI PRIMA OP62295 ?

Mine is missing and the oven is usless without it.
                        Weld a sheet of 12 gauge across the expanse.

Just for Andy here is the e you are missing
                        Brian

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                          May I bring your attention to avogadro's constant, which tells us amongst other things, that there are 6.23x10^23 molecules of gas in one mol....irrespective of what the gas is. This mol must obey bernouillis equation..you know p1,v1,t1 = p2,v2,t2, ie two mols of gas at the same temperature, pressure and volume. Contain avogadro's number of molecules.
                          Now if two containers, one containing butane and one containing propane, each had one mol of each inside, their weight would be similair...in fact totally equal. Now of you meant one gas had more volatiles, and not quite so much source bound up on a nuclear level, this not being energy that can be easily liberated, now your talking. Hope I don't sound like a pedant
                          'O' trust me, you so do.
                          Brian

Comment

Weld a sheet of 12 gauge across the expanse.

Just for Andy here is the e you are missing

I was actually thinking about doing that today, but using ally instead.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                              Now if two containers, one containing butane and one containing propane, each had one mol of each inside, their weight would be similair...in fact totally equal. Now of you meant one gas had more volatiles, and not quite so much source bound up on a nuclear level, this not being energy that can be easily liberated, now your talking. Hope I don't sound like a pedant

You've become very adept with that I-phone.

Comment

'O' trust me, you so do.
                                Most excellent.
                                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X