X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing an interior on 3rd Gen

Another mad cap dream ?

As you know the interior of my Surf is described as 'Beige' ish

Anyone have any idea of how much to convert to say Black/grey ?
    Death rides a Black Horse

Originally posted by John h View Post
    Another mad cap dream ?

As you know the interior of my Surf is described as 'Beige' ish

Anyone have any idea of how much to convert to say Black/grey ?
    Hi john, i think the interiors on 3rd gens only come in "poo beige" yours & "naff blue" mine.

I would love to change mine to black or grey but i think it would be a case of taking the whole lot to an upholsterers to be recovered & that would be a small fortune.
    Plus if your gunna do it right it would mean door cards, roof lining, carpets & dash out. £££££££££££££££££££££.

It would probably cost more than the truck is worth in the end.
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

wont the 2nd gen seats fit the 3rd gens
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Hello mate. Ive been looking into Vinyl and Fabric DYE for redoing my surf come early summer.
        They are actually pretty good for seats. have read lots of good things about it from people on other forums.
        Research into Dupli-color Vinyl & Fabric dye on google or youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAQMEO4FzOU&feature=fvw

You must use DYE and not paint. ONLY DYE will permanently chage the pigment of the colour on your seats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuiTj-VTvHo
        Windows 7 was my idea!

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
          wont the 2nd gen seats fit the 3rd gens
          I will let you scan your expert eye over the truck when we come down, went down to the custom shop in town, they thought the Recaros would be pretty easy to fit, the big 'But' is as you guys have said...all the dash stuff etc

Comment

I will let you scan your expert eye over the truck when we come down, went down to the custom shop in town, they thought the Recaros would be pretty easy to fit, the big 'But' is as you guys have said...all the dash stuff etc
            I never knew you could just paint it with a can.
            Think i might look into this a bit more because i really do hate the blue interior.
            Tell you what john, you do it first then if you make a pigs ear of it i'll know not to bother.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
              Hi john, i think the interiors on 3rd gens only come in "poo beige" yours & "naff blue" mine.
              :
              I thought the beige and blue was a 2nd gen thing, ah well you learn something new everyday.
              Mines grey bye the way .
              Neal

Comment

I never knew you could just paint it with a can.
                Think i might look into this a bit more because i really do hate the blue interior.
                Tell you what john, you do it first then if you make a pigs ear of it i'll know not to bother.
                Thankyou for the vote of confidence Si ! I had this nightmare last night, it all turned lime green, so I got a friend to drive his challenger tank over it then we buried the remains at Leeds castle ! wow Jack daniels and coke can do strange things to your mind

Comment

Originally posted by Shalershasker View Post
                  I thought the beige and blue was a 2nd gen thing, ah well you learn something new everyday.
                  Mines grey bye the way .
                  Grey, show us a pic mate cos i would'nt mine grey.

Comment

Thankyou for the vote of confidence Si ! I had this nightmare last night, it all turned lime green, so I got a friend to drive his challenger tank over it then we buried the remains at Leeds castle ! wow Jack daniels and coke can do strange things to your mind
                    You really need to stay off the JD mate.

Comment

Yes Si ! I am now banned from spirit drinks until I can learn to behave sensibly... by order of the Management ! she who must be obeyed ! Its all this stress of writing Business plans and work bids its doin me head in ! Holiday in approx 31 days not that I'm counting ?

Do you remember a place in Castleford that was really good at ICE ? I thought it was near the old American Garage near Oxford street ? Want to change my stereo and stuff
                      Last edited by John h; 28 February 2010, 21:02. Reason: forgot something

Comment

Yes Si ! I am now banned from spirit drinks until I can learn to behave sensibly... by order of the Management ! she who must be obeyed ! Its all this stress of writing Business plans and work bids its doin me head in ! Holiday in approx 31 days not that I'm counting ?

Do you remember a place in Castleford that was really good at ICE ? I thought it was near the old American Garage near Oxford street ? Want to change my stereo and stuff
                        Can't think of anywhere in cas but there is a place in kippax called A.S.K they do a whole range of ICE equipment.

http://sitebuilder.yell.com/sb/show....02658562000010

They do quite a few surf parts aswell, give them a try.

Comment

Thanks for that Si I am at The Yorkshire Forward offices this week in centre of town so can get to Kippax pretty easy !

cheers Mate

Comment

Grey, show us a pic mate cos i would'nt mine grey.
                            Will try and take some pics later today mate if I get chance
                            Neal

Comment

Here you go Si, bit of a rush job as I forgot all about it till now so didn't remove the seat covers but the seats are the same colour as the door cards, you get the idea.
                              Attached Files
                              Neal

Comment

Working...
                              X