Outdoor green screening TV production

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outdoor green screening TV production

This is entertaining if your interested in how far green screening has come in telly production..

enjoy

Green screen
    Last edited by Vultch; 20 February 2010, 19:03.

Back in the day Baby

I don't get it?
    Apart from the scene with the burning ship in the background, would it not cost the same to just shoot the scenes on location instead of going to the trouble of green screen technology?

Comment

I think it is about the same considering the cost of errecting an outdoor green screen, but if you were to shoot something like Ugly Betty in the street crowds would gather and gawp..you would need to seal off a fair bit of real estate to get a normal scene.....

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by Vultch View Post
        I think it is about the same considering the cost of errecting an outdoor green screen, but if you were to shoot something like Ugly Betty in the street crowds would gather and gawp..you would need to seal off a fair bit of real estate to get a normal scene.....
        Yeah i suppose so, its more about being able to shoot something relatively quickly without the usual problems associated with on-location filming.
        If time is money then i can see the benefits.

Pretty amazing technology. Its now impossible to tell if something has been filmed in a studio or on location.

In 10 years time I can honestly see this sort of wizardry & CGI becoming indistinguishable from real-life scenes & actors.
        Last edited by fonecrusher1; 20 February 2010, 21:55.

Comment

Working...
        X