a decent glass cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a decent glass cleaner

being a 16 year old surf, the windows as you would expect are rather "worn" looking. is there any special cleaner or technique used to get the glass back to looking like new. ive tried cleaning the insides with your average glass cleaner but it hasnt made much of an improvement. i think the problem is the glass is litterally covered in very fine scratches that wont buff out. are there any products out there that can "buff out" scratches on glass windows?? kind of like t-cut for glass.
    Windows 7 was my idea!

Not sure about buffing out scratches.... believe it or not Newspapers... use them to buff off what ever cleaner your using.... just be careful if you use the Daily Mail... you'll spot a lot more illegal immigrants etc...

Back in the day Baby

Comment

I know you can buff plastic lens covers (headlight protectors) with some polish on an electric buff and it works a treat, not so sure about glass though.
      Get a bit from scrappy and test it first.
      Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Brasso works well on plastic too, not sure about glass. Try it on a spare bit as Alan said.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

It's maybe hard to see in this pic, but my mates skyline lens protectors were all milky and very scratched, I gave em a buff when I did the car and they looked like new.

Alan

Comment

********** *** ** That's one shiny car!!!

Is the paint still wet?
            Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

One of my mates is into all thon extreme polishing nonsense. Total waste of life.
              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                One of my mates is into all thon extreme polishing nonsense. Total waste of life.
                Looks nice though.

Not for me (all that work)

Comment

It's finished with good quality carnuba wax and no it's not wet.
                  Alan

Comment

Originally posted by surrey-surfer View Post
                    being a 16 year old surf, the windows as you would expect are rather "worn" looking. is there any special cleaner or technique used to get the glass back to looking like new. ive tried cleaning the insides with your average glass cleaner but it hasnt made much of an improvement. i think the problem is the glass is litterally covered in very fine scratches that wont buff out. are there any products out there that can "buff out" scratches on glass windows?? kind of like t-cut for glass.
                    As a kid, I remember my Dad polishing scratches out of his watch glass with a chrome polish (Auto-sol?) on a piece of flat cardboard. Worked a treat but a lot of work for all the glass on a Surf. I've often wondered if it would take out the odd scratch on my windscreen or just make it worse.....

Comment

Never tried it but a jewellers rouge ( or something similar ) is supposed to work on very fine scratches
                      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                      My choice
                      Back off

Comment

cheers for the replies guys. just googled Brasso and got mixed views on it for glass. I think im getting warm though. I think i'll definately need some kind of "cutting compound" along with an electrical buffer.
                        Thanks also Koi for that tip. Im actually friends with a guy who owns his own jewllers so ill ask him about that next time im down my local.
                        What is a jewllers "rouge" by the way?
                        I think i'll start on the rear window just incase i totally faff it up. At least the rear window can be easily replaced by myself.
                        Ill try and take some before and after pics if anyone is interested to see how i get on with which ever method i go for.
                        Thanks again guys.
                        Windows 7 was my idea!

Comment

Originally posted by surrey-surfer View Post
                          What is a jewllers "rouge" by the way?
                          It's rhyming slang for an Olympic sport.

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                            It's rhyming slang for an Olympic sport.
                            who did the what now??
                            Windows 7 was my idea!

Comment

rouge - luge - nutters on trays at Winter Oylimpics.....
                              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                              X