No announcement yet.

what is this switch ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi i spent 1/2 aday trying to find out what a switch did under the seat of one of my imports, only to find out one of the lads in the garage had put the switch under the seat with a length of wire on it tucked under the carpet
    going to nothing at all,
    Last edited by Hilux; 17 February 2010, 17:21.
    Live Life To The Full

Comment

Originally posted by Hilux View Post
      Hi i spent 1/2 aday trying to find out what a switch did under the seat of one omy imports, only to find out one of the lads in the garage had put the switch under the seat with a length of wire on it tucked under the carpet
      going to nothing at all,
      I might do that when I sell my next car, just for fun
      Andy
      http://www.surfingafrica.net

Comment

it wasn't an ejector seat ....

.... i had the carpet up (that's another story, another thread!) recently and took opportunity to trace the cable away from the switch - i found that there was a previous Clifford alarm kit in the vehicle which had been replaced by newer immobiliser/alarm. The switch was linked to the old Clifford kit, so probably a valet mode switch or something.
        Either way, the switch is gone now.

Thanks anyway to all contributors
        Nick...... Turning Japanese, I really think so !!

Comment

Originally posted by knicko View Post
          .... i had the carpet up (that's another story, another thread!) recently and took opportunity to trace the cable away from the switch - i found that there was a previous Clifford alarm kit in the vehicle which had been replaced by newer immobiliser/alarm. The switch was linked to the old Clifford kit, so probably a valet mode switch or something.
          Either way, the switch is gone now.

Thanks anyway to all contributors
          ...thanks...

...I'm still a little dissapointed...I was hoping for something really exciting.

Oh well....at least you put us out of our misery.

Comment

Working...
          X