No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by da SLUG man View Post
    i went to see it last night... not all that... can't see what all the hype's about??

the story's ok-ish, not the best i've ever seen (a bit political!) and the rest of it is like watching a computer game!

the computer screens they have and the hologram look pretty cool, but the rest of it, you may aswell be watching monsters inc. with some helicopters thrown in!

the best 3d bit was the "Sky" advert before the film started when the sky symbol looked like it was above the blokes head infront of me!
    Are you also me? I saw it last night too. The Sky advert was definitely the best 3D. Visual effects were nice, not much out of the ordinary although the blue people were very well done indeed. Screens and holgrams were the only thing where the 3D really worked, I think everything else it too detailed for the system. Maybe another 5 years before it works properly.

The story was ludicrous and got a few giggles out of me and the missus. The fact that they were mining for 'unobtainium' got a big snort from me.

The usual American attempts at subtlety re: damging the environment and respecting other cultures were a bit of a giggle too.

It's just kind of the Lion King (animated, circle of life), Fifth Element (love, war and hot alien chicks) and Independence Day (cheesy American rubbish) all mixed up. I would say, however, that it should be watched in the cinema or not at all as the visuals are the only good bit.

Comment

You went with your missus?????

Cinema is for going with other peoples missusisis's
      Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
        You went with your missus?????

Cinema is for going with other peoples missusisis's
        Been together 5 years & that was the first time we've ever been.
        Not a cinema lover really, it has to be something worth while if im gunna make the effort.
        If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
          Been together 5 years & that was the first time we've ever been.
          Not a cinema lover really, it has to be something worth while if im gunna make the effort.
          Same here. Ive probably been to the cinema less than 5/6 times in the last 10 years. Last film i saw in cinema before avatar was Batman begins 5 years ago. Went to see lord of the rings 1,2&3. before that the matrix.
          I know folks who go every week. Feck that, too expensive, your looking at 20 quid for a late showing & popcorn & coke. 4 quid for a bag of malteesers....no ta.

Comment

Originally posted by fonecrusher1 View Post
            Same here. Ive probably been to the cinema less than 5/6 times in the last 10 years. Last film i saw in cinema before avatar was Batman begins 5 years ago. Went to see lord of the rings 1,2&3. before that the matrix.
            I know folks who go every week. Feck that, too expensive, your looking at 20 quid for a late showing & popcorn & coke. 4 quid for a bag of malteesers....no ta.
            I think the last thing i saw was TITANIC with the ex, god knows how long ago that was.

I was a bit disapointed at that film because i was'nt expecting it to sink.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
              I think the last thing i saw was TITANIC with the ex, god knows how long ago that was.

I was a bit disapointed at that film because i was'nt expecting it to sink.
              Thats 13 years ago. You win.

I was disappointed with the Titanic because it was a steaming bag of sh!te made primarily for overly emotional teenage girls to blubber at.

Comment

Originally posted by fonecrusher1 View Post
                Thats 13 years ago. You win.

I was disappointed with the Titanic because it was a steaming bag of sh!te made primarily for overly emotional teenage girls to blubber at.
                Jesus that long ago, then that would make me............................ ...

Older

Comment

The last time I went to a cinema it was to see The Full Monty or Men in Black, can't remember which one.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                    The last time I went to a cinema it was to see The Full Monty or Men in Black, can't remember which one.
                    Not bad, thats 13 years ago as well. Joint winner of the i haven't been to the cinema for a very long time award.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                      The last movie i went to the cinema to see was 'Watchmen'. Not a bad flim.
                      It's only kinky the first time...

Comment

Working...
                      X