No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just been to see it in cinema.
    Feckin amazing looking film. Story.... its ok, characters....nothing too in-depth or special. Special effects are just mind blowing.
    My advice if you haven't seen it go, but go to the 3D version its awesome.
    Easily the best CGI flick ive ever seen.

yup, I though it was great.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Not my cup of tea really, it reminds me of the smirfs too much.
      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
        yup, I though it was great.
        Amazing innit!
        Actually took me a little while to stop trying to take in the ridiculous amount of visual information in each scene & just enjoy it.

Si tate you have no taste mate.

Comment

Originally posted by fonecrusher1 View Post
          Amazing innit!
          Actually took me a little while to stop trying to take in the ridiculous amount of visual information in each scene & just enjoy it.

Si tate you have no taste mate.
          Neither have you cos you drive a common blue 3rd gen.
          If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Re

Agreed!

Great movie!

Watched it last night on my 50inch plasma via HDMI from PS3 and it was ace.

Not 3D though , our local Cinema isn't showing it!

Comment

I haven't enjoyed a film so much since I went to watch Starwars in 1977 aged 8, it blew me away.

The plot is believible sort of, the characters are fine Sigorny weaver starts out hating Jake and ends up regarding him as the son she never had, there's so much in this movie you have to watch it a few times to catch it's more subtle sub-stories.

And Cameron is a superb director, the Abyss T2 etc kk forget about titanic but otherwise awsome.

peace
              cal
              Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

I have it on download in 2d, is it suitable for a 3 and 5 year old or is it too scary?
                Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Calos View Post
                  I haven't enjoyed a film so much since I went to watch Starwars in 1977 aged 8, it blew me away.

The plot is believible sort of, the characters are fine Sigorny weaver starts out hating Jake and ends up regarding him as the son she never had, there's so much in this movie you have to watch it a few times to catch it's more subtle sub-stories.

And Cameron is a superb director, the Abyss T2 etc kk forget about titanic but otherwise awsome.

peace
                  cal
                  Last time I went to the cinema & came away thinking i'd seen something fairly amazing was probably Jurassic Park years ago when i was a nipper or maybe The Matrix.
                  Same goes for Avatar. Like i said its a little lacking in story depth but holy sh!t its worth it for the mind-boggling 3D visuals. You can see why it took 3 or 4 years to make.

Comment

Originally posted by Smego2 View Post
                    I have it on download in 2d, is it suitable for a 3 and 5 year old or is it too scary?
                    Be cautious there smego. Theres no gory stuff but there are a few angry monsters that might spook the little'uns. Its a PG rated film (12's).

Basically i wouldn't say its suitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Smego2 View Post
                      i would let an 8 year old see it.... but probably no younger.

Comment

it must be the trailers making it look shoite!... everyone says it's great, but on the trailers it's a cartoon with characters who look like that jar jar binks off star wars... but blue??

none of the plot's given away, so no idea what it's about?... spaceships and blue aliens... then cartoon soldiers shoot at them??
                        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Cheers for that, adult only watching in this house then...
                          Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

as mentioned..cinema experience of the decade id say.!

was awesome in 'standard' 3D..bet fully digital imax theatres are out of this world

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man View Post
                              it must be the trailers making it look shoite!... everyone says it's great, but on the trailers it's a cartoon with characters who look like that jar jar binks off star wars... but blue??

none of the plot's given away, so no idea what it's about?... spaceships and blue aliens... then cartoon soldiers shoot at them??
                              Easy answer here....go see it to confirm or contradict your preconceptions.

Im sure StarWars looked pretty bl00dy ridiculous when they first released the trailer for it!!
                              Last edited by fonecrusher1; 8 February 2010, 20:20.

Comment

Working...
                              X