No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by da SLUG man View Post
    i still don't get it... i've watched and watched the trailer and it looks like a cartoon... the same as Roger Rabbit but a bit SciFi ish
    so? Jessica Rabbit is hot.....

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Just to confirm- best film I've seen in ages, the 3D version is a must. Plot's not brilliant, bit like ALIENS in reverse, but visually can't be faulted.

Comment

Toy story is quite good.

Comment

whats with all the hate for "cartoons"? news flash, all the visually best bits in ALL action movies made since the matrix are "cartoons"... meaning computer generated.

the whole point of AVATAR is that the art is getting close to perfection, you cant tell that you are watching a "cartoon"...

but give some love to pixar! in the end of the day its about entertainment isnt it? if the characters, narrative and performances are strong, its going to be a good flick no matter the medium they present it through!

Comment

btw, im not saying avatar was pixar.... just that they make great flicks too

Comment

Originally posted by Calos View Post
              She is a hawt in any medium, sorry but she is. If you can't see it, then I can't explain it lol

peace
              cal
              She's way too skinny. All bone and sinew. Be like sh*gging an ironing board.
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                so? Jessica Rabbit is hot.....

Have to agree there...

There's a certain amount of ... erm ... 'modified' Jessica Rabbit art out there on t'interweb. This Isn't one of them by the way!

Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by zerohero View Post
                  whats with all the hate for "cartoons"? news flash, all the visually best bits in ALL action movies made since the matrix are "cartoons"... meaning computer generated.

the whole point of AVATAR is that the art is getting close to perfection, you cant tell that you are watching a "cartoon"...

but give some love to pixar! in the end of the day its about entertainment isnt it? if the characters, narrative and performances are strong, its going to be a good flick no matter the medium they present it through!
                  the point is, you shouldn't be able to tell!... spiderman was a good film, except when he suddenly chaged into a cartoon character to swing through the city... same with incredible hulk...
                  the Pixar films are great, the detail is unbelievable... but they are cartoons, they're not supposed to be real!
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man View Post
                    the point is, you shouldn't be able to tell!... spiderman was a good film, except when he suddenly chaged into a cartoon character to swing through the city
                    Yeah but wouldn't it be a bit unfair on Tobey Maquire to expect him to actually leap from building to building hundreds of feet in the air?
                    I mean he could kill himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                      She's way too skinny. All bone and sinew. Be like sh*gging an ironing board.
                      one mans meat? lets agree to differ she's a lythe ballet dancing beauty to me

peace
                      cal
                      Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Eeee by gum ere's sum o that silly cartoon stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYPPyaqyTRc

Hard to believe the lot of it is computer generated, even the bit at the end when he dives into the water.

Comment

Originally posted by fonecrusher1 View Post
                          Eeee by gum ere's sum o that silly cartoon stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYPPyaqyTRc

Hard to believe the lot of it is computer generated, even the bit at the end when he dives into the water.
                          Wow, you can really see the difference without the 3d effects. Still brilliant though.
                          It's only kinky the first time...

Comment

Just a quick update.

Been to see avatar tonight "the other half supprised me" at the bradford imax & must admit i was quite impressed although the seats were so cramped i could'nt feel my legs by the end.

I take back what i said in earlier posts.
                            If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                              Just a quick update.

Been to see avatar tonight "the other half supprised me" at the bradford imax & must admit i was quite impressed although the seats were so cramped i could'nt feel my legs by the end.

I take back what i said in earlier posts.
                              I won't say it.......ah feck it, cant help myself...I told ya so.

Good innit!

Comment

i went to see it last night... not all that... can't see what all the hype's about??

the story's ok-ish, not the best i've ever seen (a bit political!) and the rest of it is like watching a computer game!

the computer screens they have and the hologram look pretty cool, but the rest of it, you may aswell be watching monsters inc. with some helicopters thrown in!

the best 3d bit was the "Sky" advert before the film started when the sky symbol looked like it was above the blokes head infront of me!
                                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                                X