No announcement yet.

litterally sick parrot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Rich does your vet have any 'pretty bird' Amazon mix ? maybe add a bit of water and feed with syringe ! or try 'Spark' from the 'bird care company' log on to Northern Parrots web site (24parrot.com ) 0845 345 2502 even a pro biotic mix will help ! at least it isnt PBFD mate that is terminal ! If you need to speak to an avian vet look up Matthew Brash on line He is the dogs wotsits ! Anyway hope all goes well if you need any more info I will be only too willing to help !
    Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Thanks for that John i will have a ganders through later when i have a bit more time
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Off the wall thought Mate,this unit you have isn't frequented by pigeons is it ? the dust carries the psittacosis virus,and another thought that the vet may not have picked up ...do you cook with teflon non stick pans ? if so you may be putting the bird into same symptoms of breathing difficulties,if the bird breathes the fumes from the gas given off in (small doses) from the teflon coating as it heats up on the pans as you cook, we lost our first senegal and african grey because we left the kitchen door open and the fumes got into the living room there is no evident smell,but the bird shows visible discomfort pretty quick.sorry took so long but our vet been out all day and have just finished talking

Comment

the unit has no pidgeons there.What your saying about the pans tho could be a possibility tho as Harley is close to the kitchen door.
          Thanks again John

Comment

Jeez! the teflon thing is news to me, i suppose its harmless to humans?
            ya dont know what your eating or eating off,
            i know about the pideon pooh dust tho from watching grimefighters
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

I severely hope this doesn't end in a re-run of the Monty Python sketch
              Andy
              http://www.surfingafrica.net

Comment

The teflon non-stick coating has a number of bonding agents in it so it sticks the coating to the pan, it is then 'baked off at extremely high temps which then seals the granite granules into a smooth coating (non stick) It only gives off the 'gas' when heated up as in higher cooking temps ie frying etc We only stumbled on this some years ago when a local laboratory tested our birds and a friends stock birds, he lost three Macaws it was heart breaking ! We get our reminder once a year Pancake night ! I was burning the fat ! so my wife reminds me it was my fault !

Comment

Originally posted by adpsimpson View Post
                  I severely hope this doesn't end in a re-run of the Monty Python sketch

The little fella had a little to eat last night but not a great deal.He's not used to being in a room on his own either so i suppose thats not going to help either at the moment

Comment

Must admit i was thinking of that sketch but didn't think mentioning it would be "in order" anyway glad he's picking up a bit, the company thing is important, if he's used to haveing people/other birds/animals around then being on his own can have a bad effect, useually pulling out their feathers,
                    did a job at a house once where there was a parrot left on it's jack all day as the owners were working, it had no feathers at all except on it's bonce, poor little sod was lonley, felt like takeing it home with me,
                    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

i check on him very often and spend 10 mins or so at a time with him.
                      I just went to see him and his breathing seems to be a bit worse than it was before so i'll keep an eye on him a bit more to see how he goes.
                      I don't want him to start suffering and if it gets to bad then i'll take straight back to the vets and have the kindest thing done for him

Comment

Well i come home from the work shop and went in to see Harley and he was a bit down.Went back in half hour later and took him out of his cage for one last cuddle and he died while cuddling up to me.
                        I'm gutted as he was a lovely parrot but at least he's not suffering no more.
                        RIP Harley
                        Last edited by stormforce; 9 February 2010, 17:52.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your parrot Rich
                          “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Thats real sad sorry to hear that Rich. I would imagine you feel the same way about your pets as I do. I know your gonna miss him, sorry mate.
                            monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Sorry to hear that rich.
                              If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Sorry to about about that Rich, I love pets myself

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Working...
                                X