Hello all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all!

Hello everyone, newbie to the Hilux Surf 4x4 here...

Getting a Hilux Surf, '92, this friday coming up.

Just thought I would register and check out some useful tips to cleaning the engine and getting more life out of her.

plus I will need a new wheelarch cover thing for the rear nearside, previous driver went into a farm gate post when out shooting.

Driven a 4x4 in the army and know some things about them but obviously everyday you learn something new. Any particular bad points I should keep my eyes on?
    My Surf eats knuckles for breakfast!

Ello and welcome, this is the font of all knowagle when it comes to surfs, not speaking personaly of course I'm pretty new too; have learned a hell of a lot though while using the search function and reading asking the odd question.

Far more knowledgeable people will be along soon.

peace
    cal
    Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Calos View Post
      Ello and welcome, this is the font of all knowagle when it comes to surfs, not speaking personaly of course I'm pretty new too; have learned a hell of a lot though while using the search function and reading asking the odd question.

Far more knowledgeable people will be along soon.

peace
      cal
      where you get that idea from Cal

Hi and welcome.If you use the search facility then you will find just about everything you need to know,if you can't find it then ask

bollox to searching just ask

You got Supersurf in Mutley who does surf spares and repairs and i also do spares and fitting etc down here
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

welcome.

I can do good supposition, not so hot on actual knowledge.

Why on earth would you want to clean an engine?

Comment

Howdy & welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post

Welcome

Makes it easier to work on and can keep some problems away

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                welcome.

Look what happens if you clean it well enough...
                Before.

After.

Welcome Che, enjoy your stay.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                  Look what happens if you clean it well enough...
                  Before.

After.

Welcome Che, enjoy your stay.
                  I'm just looking at the dates on the photo's it took you a long time to clean it

Comment

Originally posted by garry View Post
                    I'm just looking at the dates on the photo's it took you a long time to clean it
                    It was cold!

Comment

Cheers all.

also thinking about getting another cheap surf to go to Scuffle with, they get trashed when they go there!

Already browsed through alot of posts and made a list of things to do...

was thinking intercooler, radiator, water pump and bars but knowing my luck the head will crack just after i do it!
                      My Surf eats knuckles for breakfast!

Comment

I wouldn't get a surf if I was you they are rubbish, get a land-rover!!

If you get a Surf you will get bored as you won't have anything to mend ever week-end!
                        Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

Welcome, good choice. Take good care of the cooling system and you shouldn't have any worries - the heads crack because they are allowed to overheat, not the other way round. Flush the coolant, get the radiator out and clean/flush it, or get it overhauled if it's not in a good state already. Recoring costs similar to a new non-genuine radiator, but the end result is much better if it's done right. Replacing the radiator cap and thermostat easy and worth it.

Also, check out the FAQ here.
                          Andy
                          http://www.surfingafrica.net

Comment

wow !! cleaned it so much it changed shape !!! cool !!
                            hey bushwacker how about taking a look at my abs please ??? shame i kill myself eh !!

Comment

Originally posted by alexander View Post
                              wow !! cleaned it so much it changed shape !!! cool !!
                              hey bushwacker how about taking a look at my abs please ??? shame i kill myself eh !!
                              Add some contact details to your profile and I'll be in touch!

Comment

Working...
                              X