@ all the Irish members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ all the Irish members

insurance renewal time, and i now have to VRT truck, any hints to sneak it through VRT, is it possible to get it VRT'd without presenting my surf for inspection????

oh and got a quote from FBD for €580 TPFT, can't get windscreen cover....

any ideas would be appreciated....

Whats the story? Did you get it converted to commercial?

Comment

Originally posted by fonecrusher1 View Post
      Whats the story? Did you get it converted to commercial?
      not yet, but they will insure me commercial till its converted and VRT'd as my V5 chow's it as commercial...

Comment

So you can insure it as a commercial vehicle?

Comment

So you can insure it as a commercial vehicle?
          yeah but they have a time limit on how long i can keep english plates..

Comment

As far as i know Rob you do have to present the car to a vrt inspection official. Check out this site; www.revenue.ie

Im insured with Mike Murphy commercial insurance by the way, give them a call, you might get a cheap quote?

Comment

i'll have a look and see.... i am still hoping i can try VRT it without inspection, you got your rear seats still or not???

Comment

Originally posted by BigBobE View Post
                i'll have a look and see.... i am still hoping i can try VRT it without inspection, you got your rear seats still or not???
                Rear seats in a commercial vehicle? Oh...eh?...of course not!

Comment

and a nice limo tint on back windows then i take it..... just trying to work out the cash needed....

Comment

I hear Gay Byrne and Bosco do cheap insurance too!!Feckin Mike Murphy lol sounds like a pikey Tv presenter!!lmao

Comment

Originally posted by BigBobE View Post
                      and a nice limo tint on back windows then i take it..... just trying to work out the cash needed....
                      Yup, exactly. Everyone thinks you need to block out the back windows with carpet. Wrong. Limo-grade tinted rear windows qualify as a commercial change. Are your rear windows tinted?
                      Take out your back seats, remove the bolts, take off the seat belts & try your luck with the inspection. If its rejected, they will tell you exactly where you went wrong & you end up all the wiser for it.
                      Are you still paying regular road tax?

Comment

Originally posted by noobysurfer View Post
                        I hear Gay Byrne and Bosco do cheap insurance too!!Feckin Mike Murphy lol sounds like a pikey Tv presenter!!lmao
                        I dont ever want to talk about Bosco. Ever. I still have nightmares.

Btw.......www.Mikemurphyinsurance.ie

Comment

Originally posted by noobysurfer View Post
                          LMFAO...... nah bosco does the commercial conversions and Gaybo does VRT inspections in Tallaght

Comment

Yup, exactly. Everyone thinks you need to block out the back windows with carpet. Wrong. Limo-grade tinted rear windows qualify as a commercial change. Are your rear windows tinted?
                            Take out your back seats, remove the bolts, take off the seat belts & try your luck with the inspection. If its rejected, they will tell you exactly where you went wrong & you end up all the wiser for it.
                            Are you still paying regular road tax?
                            i have the check list the VRT office tick off, the girl before christmas was kind enough to print it off & forget it on the counter when she left,

bless her cotton socks, if i could be arsed i'd scan it in, before i go to all that effort i will try blag my way into VRT'n it without presenting it....

Comment

rang mikemurphy insurance today, 1100 for my insurance....

fbd still looking good at 580 for the year.....

Comment

Working...
                              X