Veg Oil & Cold Weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
    When did we all start mixing petrol with veg oil?
    As soon as I started using veg. Adding 10% petrol approximately halves the viscosity of vegetable oil if memory serves.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
      When did we all start mixing petrol with veg oil?
      About 3 - 4 weeks ago !!

There's always a Payback .. Cos ya don't know where n ya never know when !!
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

started first time tonight (gave it two goes of the glow plugs to be on the safe side) at around minus 3 with snow coming down

Comment

Morning Folks. Thanks for all the replies.

I did wonder if I would start a "use the search button...." issue but fortunately not.

I've been using straight diesel for the last few weeks but that's simply because hurt my shoulder/back & can't lift the veg cans. However, since I have 4 of them in the garage I really want to start using them (& saving too!)

Comment

like Jess says mix a gallon of petrol in with the veg oil and give it a good shake about to mix it up and then put into the tank.
            I normally use white spirit as its a bit cheaper than petrol and works just as good
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Hi All

Let me get this straight... I have a 96 3rd gen... Are you saying that it would be ok to use 90% wvo and 10% petrol mix in my 3l diesel with no bad effects? If so, can someone tell me what the process is re filtering etc?

I have a very good source for wvo and i bought a fuel pod from greenfuels to make bio diesel for my 07 pathfinder. Must admit i haven't had the balls to do it yet. Any feedback on this would also be appreciated.
              Cheers

Fernie

Comment

Originally posted by Fernie View Post
                Hi All

Let me get this straight... I have a 96 3rd gen... Are you saying that it would be ok to use 90% wvo and 10% petrol mix in my 3l diesel with no bad effects? If so, can someone tell me what the process is re filtering etc?

I have a very good source for wvo and i bought a fuel pod from greenfuels to make bio diesel for my 07 pathfinder. Must admit i haven't had the balls to do it yet. Any feedback on this would also be appreciated.
                Personally it's not for me or anybody else to advocate what's good for your Truck.
                I can only advise of my experiences (100% Peanut Oil n occasional SVO) n what works, all though some folk have expressed similar experiences with WVO/SVO in their Trucks....
                If you haven't recently or previously run WVO/SVO I advise no more than 50/50 to start with (given the weather conditions)
                Checkout our previous experiences/posts
                As for making Bio, Not worth the bother Imho (just bung it in the tank)
                Try this http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=55767
                Good Luck

There's always a Payback ..Cos ya don't know where n ya never know when !!
                Last edited by Diezel Weazel; 6 January 2010, 14:58.
                Buncefield Burner

Comment

and this http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=15893

and this www.vegetableoildiesel.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Doc B View Post
                    I did wonder if I would start a "use the search button...." issue but fortunately not.
                    Why didn't you use it then? Unless you're trolling...
                    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Thanks for the links guys....

Seems like my surf may well run on wvo, but from what i have been told my pathfinder will need properly processed bio due to the technology and type of engine?... Think it's commonrail
                      Cheers

Fernie

Comment

Working...
                      X