controlled skid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• controlled skid

just got back from a mate of mine who has a disco, he was out last night with his son and he went to show him how to do a controlled skid and promply wiped the front out agaist a hedge bank

Haha, yes it is difficult in the snow, it just seems to skid...without any chance of control.
    Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

its no problem for him he has an old breaker round the back of his yard and he is swapping bits over today so it will be back on the road later

Comment

4WD and snow only means you hit things faster
        I Love Wales

Comment

Originally posted by 24Seven View Post
          4WD and snow only means you hit things faster
          Hehehehe like it!!!!
          Always room for more power!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cfrizzy View Post
            just got back from a mate of mine who has a disco, he was out last night with his son and he went to show him how to do a controlled skid and promply wiped the front out agaist a hedge bank
            Serves him right. No wonder youngsters drive like fann1es with parents like him in this world.
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Saw someone a few years ago do a 'controlled skid' into the back of a brewery lorry parked outside a local pub. Think that was a Disco, and on hard packed snow.

What is it about these idiots who think 4x4 = drive like a cock in any weather? Are they aware that there is no such thing as a 'controlled skid'? If your wheels are locked, you are out of control, end of.
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Drifting man

Comment

You'll find their wheels aren't locked, or if they are its for a fraction of a second, not permanent.

Anyway, they dont count either cos drifting is ar5e

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                    Are they aware that there is no such thing as a 'controlled skid'? If your wheels are locked, you are out of control, end of.

Those WRC fellas seem to have the hang of it

The trouble with snow is we don't get enough of it for most drivers to gain experience in driving on it, so if they do end up in a skid they panic. I think a days tuition on a skid pan should be part of the driving test.

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
                      Those WRC fellas seem to have the hang of it

The trouble with snow is we don't get enough of it for most drivers to gain experience in driving on it, so if they do end up in a skid they panic. I think a days tuition on a skid pan should be part of the driving test.
                      i was thinkin same thing lol,tanks also use skid steering as do bob cats,but i do get andys point

Comment

This thread keeps making me think of aircraft accidents identified in aviation parlance as 'CFIT' - or 'controlled flight into terrain'

Same thing really

Its probably nit picking, but as you all probably realise, when your wheels are locked, you have no control. Even in rallying, they may lock the wheels in order to quickly 'flick' the car into a change of direction, but they'll ease off the brakes immediately they have the nose of the car pointing where they want it to go, or they'll crash.

Try it if you dont believe me. Lock your wheels, then try to steer WHILE the wheels are locked. You cant, and then you'll end up in a hedge like ol' brain of Britain the subject of the thread

Comment

But if the wheels are spinning, is that not a type of skidding?
                          Therefore the first poster might have been spinning the wheels and drifting around. Controlled or not, it's fun. and that's the main thing. only a hedge got hurt by the sound of it.

Skid advice

Comment

Originally posted by darkdezigns View Post
                            i was thinkin same thing lol,tanks also use skid steering as do bob cats,but i do get andys point
                            Skid steering on tracked vehicles ain't the same thing at all.

I'd hate to see one of them Centurion sized vehicles sliding sideways at me, or any other way for that matter

Comment

I see your point.

I figured he meant skidding with wheels locked, which is the normal kind of snow / ice skid when Joe Bloggs sticks his foot on the brake and finds he doesn't stop, so just jams his foot down harder and screams all the way to the tree.

Comment

Working...
                              X