yea
    the winch bumper breaks the EU rules on pedestrian impact rules anyway
    私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
      yea
      I know mate. But not all rules are good ones

That reminds me, I better get the airbags out that thing.
      Brian

Comment

Nev has a proper number plate, with spring clips that hold it to the winch fairlead rollers. I'd just make one and leave it in the boot, then if you get stopped everyone happy. Otherwise the sticker suffices for daily use.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
          I know mate. But not all rules are good ones
          And when Scotland declares themselves an independent country, theyll make it legal anyway
          私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
            Nev has a proper number plate, with spring clips that hold it to the winch fairlead rollers. I'd just make one and leave it in the boot, then if you get stopped everyone happy. Otherwise the sticker suffices for daily use.
            Good idea mate I have the original in the garage. Couple of spring clips and as you say have it as a just incase.
            Brian

Comment

Personally I would not take the risk, in times gone by it was not much of an issue. However with the introduction of ANPR cameras etc, there is a drive to clamp down on any number plate that has been altered or does not comply.

Stick on ones are not legal from 1973 no matter where you stick them.

Not legal, all number plates on vehicles made after 01/01/73 must be made of a reflex reflecting material stick on ones are not.

Can be issued with a fixed penalty notice and or up to £1000 and in some cases the number plate mark can be withdrawn.

As far as I am aware the law states a vehicle must display a front and rear number plate meeting the legal requirements.
              Front plate must fixed to the front of the vehicle in a 'verticle' position. So if you fixed it on the bonnet it will be more like 40 degrees and not verticle.

My 4x4
              My choice
              Back off

Comment

Originally posted by murph View Post
                The problem with it is when PC Plod wants to point his laser at you. He usually does this by targeting your 'reflective' number plate. If he can't get a reading, he'll step out & bring you kerbside to book you for not having a BS number plate. Thus with it 3points as well, which you may or may not have got for speeding, but definitely for the number plate. But there wouldn't be anything to stop you having both. Have the one on your bonnet & the requirement one as a easy removable one on off road days.
                Does this mean I will have to get a number plate put onto my Leathers when riding my Motorcycle..

I love being a Motorcyclist as they only have something like the helmet to point the laser at, and as we all know this is a fast moving target most of the time anyways.

I think the front number plate is a farce and most of the time as stated above it simply so that the Plod has something stable to point at.

Erm as you can see I am not the greatest lover of Police (specially the traffic calming ones).

Just a quick digression I was stopped the other day about a tail light that I had out, and they commented that I was using Vegi Oil, I proceeded to advise about the 2500Lts ruling to which he replied he could get my tank dipped (erm what for? I have all ready admitted I was using Vegi oil) this is how silly some Police get and how the general public sees them.

These are my feelings and not the general feelings of this forum and its members.
                Always room for more power!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
                  yea

Nah it don't that ONLY applies to New vehicles.
                  Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

Originally posted by poppy986 View Post
                    Nothing wrong with sticking a square one on the front , like in your
                    photo. Long as it is black on white , regulation size letters ?
                    Had one on mine for years , looks better with less obstruction to
                    the air flow .

Chris

thats alright then had me worried for a bit

Comment

Working...
                    X